• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIP Harley Davidson ?

Hard work, full-time work, staying on the job a long time and getting promoted (through merit, not affirmative action or the sake of diversity) is such an old-fashioned idea.

So is delayed gratification-- saving up some money & building up your credit score. So is saying "no" to the chance to order $60 worth of DoorDash food for you and your lover to eat when you could whip up a decent meal at home for six bucks.

View attachment 7009134
Good luck on the first point. If you want to advance, you’re probably going to be changing companies these days. I mean changing companies/positions strategically. I know people who couldn’t get promoted after years with major companies, they took a job somewhere else, and 2-3 years later they got hired back to the first company with a significant promotion. I can see what you’re getting at, but very few people are going to stay one place and move up anymore.

I will ride Harleys and Indians until my body won't let me. Don't care about the cool factor, I just know them too well to switch. Anything from a flathead up to the Evo motor, I have wrenched on. I am not a huge fan of the Twin Cam motor but they're ok.

Back
Top Bottom