• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River fishing please help!

jr1604

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently purchased a boat 17 foot war eagle with a 60hp mecury. And I want to float up and down a river...only issue is I have heard from several people the flint, which is the closet to me, isn't deep enough for a boat...so where can I go close to me? I live in griffin....

You have to go south of thomaston to fish the flint in a motor boat for any good streach. You can go a few miles upriver from hwy 18 in molena. And from flat shoals up river to Joe kurz wma

You can go to Franklin and fish up and down the Chatt . Just have to be careful till you learn river. Right now the stripes are running so you can bend a rod if you want to.

That's a pretty big boat for this side of the Flint. I wouldn't even try Joe Kurz due to the shoals. I haven't been to flat shoals in a year or so but there was a huge washout on the right side of the ramp(if you are facing the river). It was so bad a guy dropped his trailer off in it and bent his axle getting it back out. As the other guy said, the hooch is your best bet. Just keep an eye out for shoals until you learn the river. Also check the water levels. I use the RiverApp on my phone, you can select local river locations.

Back
Top Bottom