• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend gun club 200yd rimfire match june 3rd

Lol. Unless such a silly device is mandated by some club or match director with stupid rules,
I'll never own one. Unlike stuffing potato chips or Doritos's in my mouth,
when it comes to putting rounds in a magazine I can stop with just one.

But, I can see the value in a single-shot magazine in certain circumstances, such as when
a father lets a kid take his .22 rifle out basically unsupervised, but wants to force the kid to single load all ammo and actually learn marksmanship, rather than spray and pray.

Rules are rules, just like any other shooting format, this match style and rules set are over a hundred years old.
True, but I'm guessing they would allow the single shot magazine because of the nature of the rifle and the specific purpose of the magazine, correct? They certainly do at all of my sanctioned competition events, including CMP events.

We love the single shot magazines for this very reason...safety. That is what all of our youth use at my Club if they only have a 10/22 rifle.

I guess the trick to this is to have 10 mags and just load 2 rounds each in them and just swap mags every shot.
Or like with any genre get a gun specific to the type of shooting you want to do, you can't compete with a 1911 at a cowboy match. The 200 rim fire is a fun and challenging match, a savage bolt FVT rifle runs $350ish, I've shot mine at this match. It's pretty cheap when you consider what other formats' iron can run you. Plus if you can learn wind there you got it for longer range and higher power rifles.

Rules are rules, just like any other shooting format, this match style and rules set are over a hundred years old.
I know that and I dont have any problem with loading one shot. I have 2 old single shot 22s they are 2 of my favorites.I was saying people complain about everything that aint the way they want it to be and it gets old real fast listening to the whine about things. I may come and shoot with my 1937 22 bolt gun at a match just to have FUN

I hate to volunteer other folks stuff but I am pretty certain knowing the folks at my club that if you show up with a 100 mini-mags someone will let you use their kit. Heck if you'd like to try it hit me up and I'll leave my FVT with someone out there for you to borrow.

I'll take this opportunity to complain about the "single load only" rule.
I think it is unnecessarily burdensome.
It's not worth the tiny increase in safety that it gives. The rule excludes so many people from participating in rimfire rife matches -- especially those with
semi autos, lever action guns, or tubular magazine fed pump action guns.

Using those kind of guns is very awkward and problematic and so many people just aren't going to deal with that hassle.

The rule clearly discourages their use, and encourages the use of bolt action guns or break open action single shots.

(The kind of guns that were popular for target shooting 150 years ago. I say maybe it's time we updated the rules to reflect modern firearms.)

98ADD243-989A-49B2-AAC5-C12CA8331A4B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom