• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend gun club 200yd rimfire match june 3rd

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
Dies anyone have any more information about the event other than on their website? (https://www.rbgc.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=265856&item_id=1828749&event_date_id=3)

Going to the match with some friends but I'd like to be prepared rather than going in blind. How much does it cost? Is it varying distances or all 200 yards? If varying distance are the measured distances or are we supposed to figure it out on our own.

I'm going and I know I'll have enough cash but like I said I'd just like to be better informed

Dies anyone have any more information about the event other than on their website? (https://www.rbgc.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=265856&item_id=1828749&event_date_id=3)

Going to the match with some friends but I'd like to be prepared rather than going in blind. How much does it cost? Is it varying distances or all 200 yards? If varying distance are the measured distances or are we supposed to figure it out on our own.

I'm going and I know I'll have enough cash but like I said I'd just like to be better informed
insulinboy insulinboy - Try this link.

And I would expect it to be just $20 for nonmembers.

It's a 200yd F-Class match (prone).
Yes, $20, single known yardage, plenty of wind flags, slow fire - 20 min for unlimited sighters and 20 rounds for score, usually small turnout.

Details from Doug that may be helpful.

This is your reminder for the upcoming Sat. April 6, 2024 200 yard rimfire match!
Registration starts at 8:00 on the HP 300 yard line. First rounds downrange at 9:00.
Fees are $10 for RBGC members, $15 for others, youth free but must be accompanied by guardian. If you are willing and able, please meet in the pits to help setup at 7:00am.
The weather forecast predicts it will be windy and cold but dry in the morning but quickly warming up.
In the interest of changing things up and creating new interest, I am going to create a new class of "antique or vintage rifle" (mark buffalo rifle on scorecard). I will define vintage rifle as a rifle and sights, iron or optic, made before 1970 with the original stock and barrel.
Also, if there is any interest and conditions are favorable, we may have a side match from 300 yards after the 200 yard match. Your rifle will be required to have around 22 min more of elevation from 200, Minimum performance of shooter/rifle of holding the 9 ring at 200 to participate. I reserve the option to cancel this trial at any time if I judge that any aspect is unsafe.
I welcome any feedback that anyone has.
If you intend to attend, let me know so I can get a feel for the numbers ( doug.mcnash@gmail.com )

It's all shot from 200 yards, single load. You will work pits, score, and shoot. The match is a low key way to learn pit operations and scoring. There will be two targets posted. One high one low. If you scope doesn't have enough elevation you can aim that the top and adjust based on the hit at the bottom target.

This is my favorite match. low noise, big challenge. I've seen mentions that shooting a 22lr at 200 yards is equivalent to shooting a 308 at 1,000 yards.

Back
Top Bottom