• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

roll the window down for my safety

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
could he had just had her sign it through the window by handing it to her? i didnt think you had to roll your window down "all the way" at a stop

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=494_1398785868

dont agree with the advice guy at the end (well sorta, she might not have had a broken window i guess) but the "for my safety" line is pretty funny

what is the deal with this window policy anyhow?

The only time I talk to law enforcement is at a license check and I only let it down enough to slide the documents through. They want to smell the inside of your vehicle for probable cause if they think you have been drinking or smoking weed.

Whats the consensus on having to get out of the car if they ask you to?

thats what i was wondering to

i know better than to trust the ODT for advice and i would probably "comply" to the very basic commands

i have been told though if you ever get out of your car to roll the windows up and lock the doors behind you. if the cop wants to search they are going to have to get the keys from you or break a window or something. makes sure there is no wishy washy consent problems later

thats what i was wondering to

i know better than to trust the ODT for advice and i would probably "comply" to the very basic commands

i have been told though if you ever get out of your car to roll the windows up and lock the doors behind you. if the cop wants to search they are going to have to get the keys from you or break a window or something. makes sure there is no wishy washy consent problems later

YES! and make sure to tell them 100 times if they want inside then you need to see a SIGNED warrant and exactly what the officer is looking for.

Any jury of her peers will laugh at this "roll the window down all the way for may safety while you sign your ticket". Why make a mountain out of a molehill. He recorded it BTW.

Unless he really had cause (alcohol or weed smell for real not just for RS) he should have just left well enough alone. Bad judgement. A badge and a gun don't mean jack when that video is shown to a jury. Reed and Malloy would be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom