• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Roll Tide !!! Game day baby!!!

I soooo love haters!!!! From my UGA buddies (most of my family), all I have heard since yesterday was "Aaron Murray is returning. Just wait until next year!" Baaaaahaaaahaaa, the UGA mating call.....wait til next year year. It has been around since the 80's.

As far as the Florida fan, shut your pie hole. When you decide to show up and can beat Louisville, I'll let you speak again.

Bandwagon ND fans, must be nice to be relevant again. Get the rosary ready for all the Hail Marys you will be doing tomorrow for dropping the f bombs tonight.

Roll Tide and peace out!

I hope ND hangs a hundred on trailorpark kids.

I'll make you a $100 wager right now that they can't hang 25% of a hundred on Bama. That is 25 points in case you actually went to UGA and didn't buy your stuff on clearance at Cracker Barrel every year. I will give you credit, this year it went on clearance later than normal. You guys are normally irrelevant by mid October.

15 reasons to hate Notre Dame:

1. You are the most ridiculously overhyped team in all of sports.

At least teams like the Yankees, and the Celtics, and the Lakers actually win games. The last time you were ranked at the end of the season was 2006.

Since 1995, Notre Dame has won two bowl games.

That's the same number as Vanderbilt.

2. Rudy Ruettiger is a stock scammer.

You remember Rudy, right? Lovable tiny walk-on they made the movie about.

The SEC, that's the securities and exchange commission not the conference, charged him with stock fraud.

Yep, even Rudy cheats.

3. People actually cheer for Notre Dame because of their religion.

We have separation of church and state, but we don't have separation of church and football.

Thomas Jefferson hates you too.

4. The lack of birth control.

Seriously, it's not 1452, my wife doesn't want to sleep with me already, and now I've got to wait for her to consult her ovulation chart so we don't have our ninth kid?

I hate you.

5. Lou Holtz is on ESPN because he was your coach.

So you made America have to listen to Lou Holtz every weekend.

This standing alone is enough reason to hate you.

6. Two words; Ron Powlus.

You guys remember Ron Powlus, before he ever played a game Beano Cook said this about him: "Ron Powlus will win the Heisman two times and be the greatest quarterback in the history of Notre Dame." Only, you guessed it, he didn't manage to do anything at all.

That makes him the quintessential Notre Dame player, overhyped, not clutch.

Think this is a thing of the past?

See, Quinn, Brady.

7. The Golden dome.

"Oh, wow, your helmets are gold. That's amazing. Good job, good effort."

This is what you tell first graders.

Or Notre Dame fans.

8. Touchdown Jesus.

You know how athletes and coaches get ripped when they claim that God cares who wins football games?

Yet it can be suggested a billion times a year that Jesus is rooting for Notre Dame because of your ridiculous campus landmark and no one even blinks.

Of course, Jesus is clearly not rooting for Notre Dame, if He was the Irish would probably have finished a season ranked more than once in the past seven years.

In fact, you know who Jesus is rooting for?

The team without Jimmy Clausen at quarterback.

9. The academic arrogance.

Notre Dame fans act like their school is Harvard or Yale.

Newsflash, here are FBS schools that are better than you are according to U.S. News and World Report: Stanford, Duke, and Northwestern.

Here are schools that are just as good as you are: Vanderbilt and Rice.

You're really not that special.

In fact, chances are you went to Notre Dame because you couldn't get in to Stanford, Duke, Northwestern or an Ivy League school.

10. Mant'i Te'o is a saint!

You know what Mant'i Te'o would be called if he played anywhere else in the country?

Linebacker.

Oh, please, please can you tell us again about how he's from Hawaii and decided not to go to USC?

Because I think I might have missed that story the first four billion times you told us about it.

Wait, hold up, you're telling me that a player had a favorite school before that he chose not to attend?

That's impossible and amazing! (says no one who has ever followed college recruiting).

11. You're now in the ACC for five football games a year.

So you're not even willing to play a full ACC football schedule.

Which is the college football conference equivalent of pulling out.

12. Your quarterbacks are all assholes.

See, Clausen, Jimmy and Quinn, Brady

There's just something about the Notre Dame quarterback that makes every person on earth hate them.

And that something is this, they all suck.

13. Your best football highlight from the past decade?

Charlie Weis getting wiped out on the sideline.

14. Notre Dame is in Indiana, the worst state in the midwest.

Even other midwestern residents look at each other every winter morning as they scrape the ice off their Pontiac Trans Am's and say, "It could be worse, we could live in Indiana."

15. The people who root for Notre Dame aren't actually college football fans.

Lots of teams have fairweather fans, but at least those teams actually watch the sport.

Notre Dame will set a record for the number of "fans" who haven't even watched a Notre Dame game all season and will show up to cheer for the Irish in Starter jackets from 1988.

Notre Dame "fans" aren't even just fairweather fans of a team, they're fairweather fans of the sport.

Back
Top Bottom