• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rome Ga auction

" Most went for close to retail. A few I could have driven down the street to Rome Gun and Pawn and bought for less $$$."

Truth.

Once you add in all the fees and sales tax, you can buy it elsewhere for less money and hassle.

I bidded way low considering there is a 4% credit card charge and 18% auction fee that the bidder pays

Screw that!!! I might as well just hand my money out to the public. Those are insane fees on top of retail/panic pricing.

I put in about 100 bids and have got bidded over the top already on almost all of them. Considering what the pre-corona retail prices were for these, adding the fees, a shipping cost, tax?, and a FFL transfer fee... I bid about half what the retail prices were across the board, and don't even feel comfortable doing that.

This isn't where you go to buy a Glock. There are some hard to find items on the block. That's what I'm looking at. They'll probably be priced way more than I'm willing to pay but I'll give it a try.

Wow, it really is cheaper to keep her.

Does the cowboy stuff go for cheaper than the tacticool items?

I'd love to get a carbine lever in .38spl and I'd hope most people are in to black guns.

August 2019- " I swear baby. I'll quit buying guns"

Hard to believe that is one man's (or woman's) collection - talk about eclectic tastes in firearms :rolleyes:. Looks more like a roundup of the hard to sell items from several gun stores, but what do I know?

I have several different manufacturers and calibers in my safe right now so maybe I would have a collection like this if I had gobs of money and no taste or self control. Just sayin' :D.

First, ya'll need to stop bidding on this stuff! You are driving up prices on what I want!
Somebody else seems to like the few i flagged and this could get ridiculous.

I agree this seems like an unlikely set to come from one person.

• Transfer fee will be $15/buyer.
  • TERMS: 10% Buyer’s Premium to be charged on all purchases.
  • All purchases shall be paid for in full on sale day by cash, credit/debit card (3.5% convenience fee)
  • 7% sales tax will be charged and collected on the full purchase price

That's 20.5% extra unless I bring a wad of cash + $15.

Id have to bid around 75% of what I'd be willing to buy it for plus would need to inspect the gun Friday to bid on it Saturday. Would probably just add in hotel cost. I'd really have to want something there a lot.

Back
Top Bottom