• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Roofing

A bit off topic, but does anyone have the name of a good roof company that specializes in metal roofs?
We inquired about those also. Hero does them but said they cost a bit more than their premium shingle roof which is what we're getting. PGRS hasn't even tried to get back with me, they lost my business. We're hiring Hero to do the roof and gutters

Hero is a good company. I have delivered a few shingle loads for them. Make sure before you agree on an insurance check amount to have the project manager there to dispute and get more out of the adjuster. If your gutters are damaged they should pay for those also. If you have any interior damage, Soffit damage, or insulation damage they are supposed to cover it also.

A bit off topic, but does anyone have the name of a good roof company that specializes in metal roofs?
They aren't worth the cost of material and labor. The folks say a metal roof will last forever are full of it. I have seen many house go from a metal roof to asphalt shingle roof, mostly due to the leaks and maintenance they require.

Get several reputable estimates to make sure the insurance company's number is accurate. Make sure the roofing contractor is licensed and insured, no ifs ands or buts. Tell them you want a certificate with your name listed on it (some will pay a few months but then let it cancel, but they'll keep a stack of blank certs. Ask me how I know...). You can always call the insurer to verify coverage.

When your new roof has been installed, call your agent and ask them to update your policy. You may receive a discount for it.

Signed,
An Insurance Agent

Back
Top Bottom