• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger 5.7

rdogger

Default rank 5000+ posts
I Pretty Much Hate People
317   0
Reaction score
So a while back, I put in for a Ruger 5.7 with my LGS. This is like right after they announced it was coming to market.

Anywho, fast forward to today and the LGS calls to tell me it's in and ready.

I asked the price and they said $649 plus tax.

Not super pumped about buying a new gun in this market but at the same time, I want a companion to my PS90.

Suck it up buttercup and do it

----or----

Be fiscally responsible and wait.

One could make the argument that getting the Ruger is the fiscally responsible alternative to the FN 5.7. Just saying.

Not everything needs to be purchased bottom dollar and then some, contrary to ODT beliefs. You may be able to find it $75 - $100 cheaper if you wait God knows how long, but if $100 breaks your budget, do you really need it?

In short, if it makes you happy, treat yourself. It is the "fiscally responsible" alternative right now. So there's that!

Well it is under MSRP $799. Seems like I remember these were going for under $600 but if you really want to pair the 2 together for half the price of the FN go for it.

I think the plan was for under 600, then everything hit, and shops haven't been getting many in.

Yeah I did a quick search .. gun stores across the nation listed them $550-$575 but they are OOS

Ruger went back to the assembly line and said you’re not making enough I guess. Maybe the market gets replenished soon.

Back
Top Bottom