• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger AR 556 Help

Deadeyesky

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
The last few times I've gone to the range, I've tried to zero my scope at 100 yards and I'm having rounds go all over, nothing consistent. Thinking it's an ammo problem. What are other people running through this rifle (or similar AR platforms)?

Thanks guys. I've tried perfecta and federal American eagle (both 55 grain FMJ)

By all over the place what do you mean? 6" groups? 12" groups? How much time do you have behind an AR? Twist rate, length, and 55g ammo for your set up should all produce acceptable groups at 100 yards. Are you on a sled? Are you bag supporting? What power is your scop and what brand? Most of my optics are as much if not more than the weapon they ride on. A lot of factors to consider id love to try and help if you can provide some more info. Any pics of target?

The only time I've had results "all over the place" it turned out to be a floating reticle. Last BSA that will ever go on my guns.
I had a Barska that came with a new Mossberg .308 and that thing blew. I'll never own another 'entry-level' optic.

Iron sights or optics? Do you know the scope is good and holds zero? Are all screws, rings , mounts tightened to manufacturer specs with locktight? I saw a post yesterday where someone had a scope mounted to a drop in handguard, you aren't doing anything silly as that, right?

Back
Top Bottom