• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger Blackhawk,Vaquero,Redhawk Grip preferences

Carl Weis

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
So whats everyones preferences. I have the Pachmayr ssa style grips and the hogue big as hell grips. I really wanted to find somthing prettier and also does anyone know how much engraving costs? I wanted to get naked women on the cyl and a stripper pole on the barrel so when you cycle it it looks like they are dancing lol. Naw just pickin, seriously though how much does scroll work usually run? Thanks so much guys.

176.jpg184.jpg These pewter ones look soooooo cool, as do some of the engraved wood... I'm sure they suck for comfort though. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm a fan of the Bisley type grip frame and ivory. Although functional on a magnum, I don't like the looks of rubber grips on any s/a.

yeahhh thats how I feel about it, the rubber is pretty brutal looking. I even like the stock wood grips. Have you noticed a varied difference shooting mag loads with wood grips vs rubber grips? I noticed as long as I let it roll in my hand vs trying to manhandle it the recoil didnt transfer into my palm so bad as most of the force felt like it was transfered through the backstrap.

The s/a grip is designed for a rolling grip. That's something many have a hard time doing on a Super Blackhawk.

x2- I'd rather shoot my freedom 454 any day than the SBH with Buffalo Bores- I figured out why after attempting to swap the grips:)

Back
Top Bottom