• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger PC9 Carbine (Pistol Caliber Carbine)

Should a Pistol Caliber Carbine be listed in the Handgun or Rifle Forum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SemperFi1074

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Semper Fi! Always Faithful!
238   0
Reaction score
I have listed a Ruger PC9 Carbine and at first it was listed in the handguns section where I created the thread. It was moved within a few moments to the rifle forum instead. Some thoughts I want to share and get your feedback.

Looking at the other weapons listed in the rifle forum, especially from a caliber perspective, I do not see a good probability of being able to sell my PC9 in this forum.

Being a 9mm caliber, it would make sense that the best place to place this thread for interest and response would be in the handgun forum. In the first few minutes in the handgun forum, I had a response to the thread liking the post. Since then, I have had no replies, comments, or likes in the rifle forum.

Makes sense that those who shoot pistol caliber firearms would be the most interested in this offering, not those who are looking for rifle caliber weapons platforms.

I would like to request a review and ask that this thread be placed in the handgun forum, where I honestly believe it belongs.

Appreciate your consideration and response!

Semper Fi!

Marc

Attachments

• 07D288FF-BBEE-4A89-8600-C57B93259AD7.jpeg
    07D288FF-BBEE-4A89-8600-C57B93259AD7.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 16
The caliber doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the length of barrel, and overall length.
Tim, I understand that perspective, but the caliber definitely does not fit the rifle forum, neither is the thread getting any response either negative or positive. I think it hamstrings the ability for Pistol caliber carbines to be sold because it is not in front of an audience receptive to or interested in that caliber. Just my thought and perspective.

Thanks!

Marc

Tim, I understand that perspective, but the caliber definitely does not fit the rifle forum, neither is the thread getting any response either negative or positive. I think it hamstrings the ability for Pistol caliber carbines to be sold because it is not in front of an audience receptive to or interested in that caliber. Just my thought and perspective.

Thanks!

Marc

I understand where your coming from, but others in pistol caliber sale, the 357 and 44 mag. I think you have a great gun and is desirable to many. But coming off the hip with almost 500$ is tough on some of us., don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing your price, just the economics of certain type of guns. The 9mm carbine is a rifle that isn't in the category of maybe most buyers here. But good luck, I'd like to have it.

I understand where your coming from, but others in pistol caliber sale, the 357 and 44 mag. I think you have a great gun and is desirable to many. But coming off the hip with almost 500$ is tough on some of us., don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing your price, just the economics of certain type of guns. The 9mm carbine is a rifle that isn't in the category of maybe most buyers here. But good luck, I'd like to have it.
Thanks Tim! Appreciate the feedback and your time!

It's right there in your title, "Carbine".
If it has a stock, not a brace, but a stock, it's a rifle/carbine. It should fall in the Rifle category as it's not a pistol.

BTW, the "PC9" is the old, 1990s version tha Ruger put out. This new one is the PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) since it's available in more than 9mm (hopefully a lot more at some point).

Not trying to be persnickety, but I just automatically expect to see one of the old ones when I see "PC9" listed.

Back
Top Bottom