• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger PC9 for $459.00

I was near Rome yesterday, dropped by Rome Gun and Pawn. Picked one up for $479 otd. Had time this afternoon, so I slapped a Bushnell RDS on it, quick zeroed, and put 100 rounds through it. She's a keeper. I had Glock 15 round and ETS 22 round mags, no issues with either.

25 yard target, medium rate of fire with rifle rested on my bag.
20180629_150306.jpg

Play with the torque on the screws and get her in the sweet spot.
Will do. I was spraying brush killer and squeezed in a few mags before i was drenched in sweat lol.

I had the rds mounted with no riser, and it was too low for me. Think I should try a low or medium height riser? I was thinking 1/2".

I watched my buddy at the range move his grouping a couple of inches by adjusting the screws. I am still debating the PC9 or AR9.

It's actually the "PC Carbine" or "PCC" if anything... the "PC9" was their old 9mm carbine.

I am really impressed with mine. Got it at AO during Ruger Days and for the money it's really hard to beat.

If you play around with the action a bit you'll see that the bolt face is a separate unit that can be removed fairly easily. They designed this gun from the start to handle multiple calibers either right from the factory or (maybe?) as conversions.

That's another reason they didn't re-use the old "PC9" name, it wouldn't make much sense if you could easily swap it to be a PC45 or a PC10...

I got to handle, but not shoot, the new Ruger 9mm take-down carbine at Bullseye Markman in Cumming.

It felt good, and solid.
The stock was the right length for plinking or hunting, and it seemed to have a spacer under the butt plate to remove to make it tactically short.

The rear peep sight was in an interesting location, on the barrel, not the receiver. But on a take-down rifle, that makes sense. Put both sights on the same half of the gun-- not one on each side of the quick-takedown joint.

The stock uses the same system if removable spacers the Ruger Scout uses, so you can change the length of pull pretty easily.

That rear sight did throw me for a bit too, but it's almost a ghost-ring versus a peep and works pretty well even with my older eyes. That being said I did put a Vortex Crossfire red dot on mine, which seems to maintain zero OK even after the rifle has been taken down and put back together.

Y’all are killing me with this discussion. I’m stronger than this, I cannot let my wants outweigh my needs. But do I need this gun?

A local shop has one but listed for $529 and won’t price match. I don’t want or need one bad enough to drop that change.

Back
Top Bottom