• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger Security 6

1519256648480708250383.jpg

No way is that normal, I would think if it had a squib caught in the barrel it would of blown the gun gun apart, What ever happen the back pressure wacked everything out of alignment, I definitely would not try to shoot it until it was checked out by a good gunsmith.

No way is that normal, I would think if it had a squib caught in the barrel it would of blown the gun gun apart, What ever happen the back pressure wacked everything out of alignment, I definitely would not try to shoot it until it was checked out by a good gunsmith.

Not necessarily. I’ve seen S&W .357 Magnums with 6 bullets stacked up inside the barrel. In at least one of the instances, the bullets were driven out of the barrel and were found to cause no damage to the gun whatsoever.

It is, however, possible to have a catastrophic failure caused by a squib.

i would think this would be pretty hard for it to be a squib as its right at the very end of the barrel, maybe pressed up against something and fired or dirt shoved in the barrel?

Long as we're mentioning barrel obstructions, will ad a few not related to your case.

Have seen over driven HBWC's put two holes in the target...one from the solid front, and a ragged one from the expanded and blow skirt. Have also seen part of a skirt ( a "ring") left in the forcing cone. Have seen a few revolvers used exclusivly with HBWC ammo that had unexplained rings. Good bet that the skirt can be blown and stay in the bore (helps if the bore is leaded), waiting for round #2 to slam into it. Shooter would have NO CLUE...gun would go "bang", hole (from the solid front 1/2) would show up on the target.

When 1/2 jacketed were popular, esp. in home swaged bullets. Had a tendency to leave the 1/2 jacket in the bore if used at lower velocity..Speer at least use to carry the warning on their .357" 160gr. SP and .410" 220gr 1/2 jacket bullets (but i haven't bought or used any of those in a long while).

Back
Top Bottom