• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger sickness

I'll play

been having fun with this one, bought a used birch stock sporter with a v7 on it for a good deal, next thing you know I've put way to much money in it

tEf3wKB.jpg

Toyed around with customizing a carbine stock

0aji2vq.jpg

My first crack at a reblue of a neglected standard

fZYj3Gk.jpg

I'll play

been having fun with this one, bought a used birch stock sporter with a v7 on it for a good deal, next thing you know I've put way to much money in it

tEf3wKB.jpg

Toyed around with customizing a carbine stock

0aji2vq.jpg

My first crack at a reblue of a neglected standard

fZYj3Gk.jpg
Looking good.. Nice Stock work.. Did you do the Blue on the Sporter?? Snazzy looking..

Grabbed this $250 bargain M77 MK II in 243 win several months ago. It was a terribly abused blued rifle that had been painted to hide the bruises. After accuracy testing I decided to put a $120 cerakote job on her. My guy forgot to do the rings. :( @shotgunman offered to "practice" on the Walnut Stock and as you can see he brought it back to life. I'll throw a 3-9 on her and take her out to play.

View attachment 2326651 View attachment 2326652
That looks very nice. You have any before pics?

That looks very nice. You have any before pics?
Unfortunately I do not but if you can envision a blued gun with all the blue gone and pitting with black spray paint you get the picture. My gut tells me it was kept in a moist environment and whoever did the paint job strip the bluing off with steel wool or something to remove the rust.

Looking good.. Nice Stock work.. Did you do the Blue on the Sporter?? Snazzy looking..

I did. it was a birch stocked sporter so it didn't bother me to paint it. Blue rustoleum metallic. I had bought a can of hoppes blast and clean to blow out the reciever, it ended up removing the silver finish. I stripped it to bare metal and clear laquered it with deft. Sort of glad that happened, I like it better.

I did. it was a birch stocked sporter so it didn't bother me to paint it. Blue rustoleum metallic. I had bought a can of hoppes blast and clean to blow out the reciever, it ended up removing the silver finish. I stripped it to bare metal and clear laquered it with deft. Sort of glad that happened, I like it better.
I have experienced the "painted receiver" strip accident myself. Rem 572 and JC Higgins. I now refer to them as my Airstream guns..

Grabbed this $250 bargain M77 MK II in 243 win several months ago. It was a terribly abused blued rifle that had been painted to hide the bruises. After accuracy testing I decided to put a $120 cerakote job on her. My guy forgot to do the rings. :( @shotgunman offered to "practice" on the Walnut Stock and as you can see he brought it back to life. I'll throw a 3-9 on her and take her out to play.

View attachment 2326651 View attachment 2326652
Vortex 4-12x44 added.. ODT $107.50 shipped. I am happy with this unit. Just in time for deer season.
IMG_20191025_115506.jpg

Back
Top Bottom