• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Silent SR

Ruger is making silencers. **** they just recently in 94 decided we didn't deserve to own high cap magazines. True hypocrites. All they care about is the money. They definitely don't give a **** about their customers.

William “Bill” Ruger is possibly as famous for his alleged pro gun control stance as he is for making high quality firearms. In a March 1989 letter to the United States Congress, Bill Ruger stated his support for legislation that would “…prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines.” He went on to say that “…a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines…” would be a more effective law than trying to “outlaw or license” guns that would be ultimately called “assault weapons.”
I remember most of your post from back then. I know people who to this day will not buy anything from Ruger. Still hard to believe such a big name and innovator in the industry would have such short sighted moronic views. But I think Bill Ruger was one of those guys who was on the sporting/hunting end of the business and considered the rest of us fringe kooks. I'm sure if he was still around there would never have been any Ruger branded ARs.
To me it's just simple arrogance that people in the same industry would have such views about the rest of us. You know those guys with the high end over and unders in the velvet lined cases. Or the Weatherby/ trophy Hunter types. Those were the guys with the same opinions as Bill Ruger. Better off without them.

I coat my baffles with Dow Corning 111, which is silicone grease, not silicone oil. It's thick and will not melt, after hundreds of rounds, my baffles wipe clean. It's not as easy as the dip, but 10 minutes with a few paper towels and their clean.

Back
Top Bottom