Ruger stepped their game up

Seems there are still quite a few folks that haven't heard about or bothered to research the features of the Savage 10BA or the 110BA which has been on the market since 2009 and comes in short action, long action, and magnum calibers.

Not exactly sure what needs to be upgraded since it comes out of the box with a very good trigger adjustable to 1.5#, an aluminum chassis with a 3 dimensional bedding system, a fully adjustable PRS g3 stock, HK PSG1 style adjustable grip with palm swell, over sized bolt handle, 3 accessory rails with an extended NV friendly top rail, detachable box mag, heavy fluted 5/8x24 threaded barrel which is held in place with a barrel nut, a very effective muzzle brake , an ambidextrous 3 position tang safety, a floating bolt head etc. etc but I do know that a large amount of aftermarket support from major manufacturers is there if you decide to do so.

It's been that way for years though. Instead of looking at the engineering advantages that the rifles based on the model 10 and 110 Savage action enjoy over nearly all of the competition, there are those that make excuses, and if that doesn't work even call em ugly, like kindergarteners on the playground. All the above instead of giving them credit for keeping the latest greatest bolt action technology and features on factory rigs, and making them available to the public at a bargain.

I'm glad to see others still trying to keep up/ one up and cant wait to see what's next.
I will give Ruger some props, because the hammer forged barrel and SR25 mags are nice touches.

and twice the price!!! also not in a 6.5 creedmoor. The rifle was designed to be an ENTRY level PRS match rifle, the the 6.5 destroys the 308 in this environment

Looks nice but.... they need to make the designers/stylists crawl thru the mud with their, lots of cool looking angles and nooks and crannies creations, and then clean them. Over and over again. For a least a month. Then they will stop doing that "edgy" crap.

Looks nice but.... they need to make the designers/stylists crawl thru the mud with their, lots of cool looking angles and nooks and crannies creations, and then clean them. Over and over again. For a least a month. Then they will stop doing that "edgy" crap.

It's not designed for grunts in a working environment.
It's for entry level long range competitive shooters.

It's not designed for grunts in a working environment.
It's for entry level long range competitive shooters.

It still gets dirty. Or are you saying these are designed for the 1%ers who will have their servants clean their weapons for them, so practicality was not a marketeering factor?

I tapped out.
Shoulda left it at "Yea for Ruger for trying to catch up after 6 years"
You can lead a horse to water.....

PS. call Ruger and ask for one in Win mag or Lapua then call Savage and ask for one in any caliber they produce including 6.5 Creedmore or 6.5x284 (even faster and flatter) and see which one obliges your request.

Last edited:
Savage has just been charging too much for 6 years. 2k and I can build what I want. Never understood why I can buy a savage or Stevens for $3-500 but to just buy an action is like $700+. Anyways a donor savage and custom barrel will run $1k. That chassis isn't worth another $900. Savage is great but overpriced for the product you get in the BA models.

Back
Top Bottom