• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger

Ben Worthy

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
22   0
Reaction score
Ruger is pumping out new guns ahead of Shot, what’s your thoughts?

I like the seven round GP100 but wouldn’t take it over my 686+ (not saying I won’t get one though)
I was immediately excited when I saw the Security 9, it looks awesome. That is until I read it’s a SAO. I don’t think SAO is great for a carry gun and that’s it’s sole marketing target so I’m out. It’s priced very well though.
The EC9s is just dumb and pointless in my opinion, who wants fixed black sights for a gun made for carry? I know this is their new cheap gun but the LC9s is already cheap so why not spend a little more for it.
Overall I’m kinda disappointed except for the GP100. Also I know it’s been out for a while but I love their new 10mm 1911.

Anything else coming for Shot you’re looking forward to?

I think you're misunderstanding the 'single action trigger'. This is not a 'single action only' system, like a 1911. What Ruger is referring to, is the trigger only serves one function: to drop the hammer. From what little I've seen so far, this is a hammer-fired, 'double action only' pistol, with a light 'single action' trigger, similar to the Ruger LCP II.

I like the 44 Special GP100 and 7 round models, would also like to see a 9mm or 45ACP version with moon-clips.

EC9S isn’t groundbreaking but I’ll bet their street price will barely top $200. Lot of gun for that money.

As for the Security 9, I think you misread. It’s DAO, it just uses a hammer instead of a striker.

I think you're misunderstanding the 'single action trigger'. This is not a 'single action only' system, like a 1911. What Ruger is referring to, is the trigger only serves one function: to drop the hammer. From what little I've seen so far, this is a hammer-fired, 'double action only' pistol, with a light 'single action' trigger, similar to the Ruger LCP II.
I like the 44 Special GP100 and 7 round models, would also like to see a 9mm or 45ACP version with moon-clips.

EC9S isn’t groundbreaking but I’ll bet their street price will barely top $200. Lot of gun for that money.

As for the Security 9, I think you misread. It’s DAO, it just uses a hammer instead of a striker.
You guys are probably right. I just read through the release and that’s what I gathered from it. I’m more interested now however I still won’t carry with a manual safety. I wouldn’t imagine it’s needed in a double action even if it’s lighter than other DAO. I have dry fired an original LCP and that’s not a light trigger and it doesn’t have a safety.
I guess we shall see when I find one in a shop.

Seems like Ruger come out with multiple new models or updated models more in a year than all the other gun manufacturers combined. The new security nine should be going against the Smith sv9 series. Now waiting for them to jump on the ar pistol market with a 300 blackout for around 500.

Makes more sense now. But if it does feel striker fired-like as he said, I’m still not understanding the manual safety. Maybe they’ll have an option for without because I love the looks of this.
The grip looks inspired from the m&p 2.0 and I love my 2.0 shield.

Back
Top Bottom