• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rum Creek WMA

Biker13 is right...Power line on the west side of the WMA right off of the dirt road is a good spot. Watch where you walk. If it's grown up you won't see the huge holes that you can fall into & not hardly get out. You can see the power plant lit up in the distance in the dark.

I was just drawn for the Firearms quota hunt 11/9 - 11/11 @ Rum Creek WMA.
1st 2 days Buck only and last day either sex.
I have never been there and was wondering if anyone had any tips or secret spots they would like to share.
Thanks
Did you get a chance to go scout down there? Me and my buddies went over the weekend and man there’s a ton of good sign out there. Rubbed trees the size of my thigh. We were going to camp out there but there’s a hotel 10 minutes away and decided on that instead. Saw a massive buck dogging a doe on Saturday right down the road from the WMA too. I’m ready.

Did you get a chance to go scout down there? Me and my buddies went over the weekend and man there’s a ton of good sign out there. Rubbed trees the size of my thigh. We were going to camp out there but there’s a hotel 10 minutes away and decided on that instead. Saw a massive buck dogging a doe on Saturday right down the road from the WMA too. I’m ready.

No I havent scouted. I was drawn for the Piedmont NWR either sex quota hunt for the same 3 days. I am hunting there till I get 2 (Hopefully get 2 ) then will go to Rum creek. I live 15-20 minutes away from both. I scouted Piedmont NWR and tons of good sign there too. Good luck in your hunt.

No I havent scouted. I was drawn for the Piedmont NWR either sex quota hunt for the same 3 days. I am hunting there till I get 2 (Hopefully get 2 ) then will go to Rum creek. I live 15-20 minutes away from both. I scouted Piedmont NWR and tons of good sign there too. Good luck in your hunt.
Cool, good luck to you as well.

I was just drawn for the Firearms quota hunt 11/9 - 11/11 @ Rum Creek WMA.
1st 2 days Buck only and last day either sex.
I have never been there and was wondering if anyone had any tips or secret spots they would like to share.
Thanks
ride the roads, find the best crossing, set up close to the best crossing. bill

Back
Top Bottom