• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rum

Someone already mentioned it in this thread but try Ron Zacapa 23 from Guatemala. It's from first pressing of sugarcane, well aged, complex, and it won't break the bank. It usually runs right around $50. Zacapa also bottles XO, usually $80-90. It's blended with different rums from 6-25 years and also gets extra aging in french cognac casks. Great stuff.

I used to know a good ole boy that was known to brew up a batch from brown sugar and molasses, then age it in bourbon barrel white oak chips for a year. That was also a complex, great sipper, but I have no idea of he is even alive any more sadly. That was normally cask strength though, running ~170 proof, so a little went a long way.

Someone already mentioned it in this thread but try Ron Zacapa 23 from Guatemala. It's from first pressing of sugarcane, well aged, complex, and it won't break the bank. It usually runs right around $50. Zacapa also bottles XO, usually $80-90. It's blended with different rums from 6-25 years and also gets extra aging in french cognac casks. Great stuff.

I used to know a good ole boy that was known to brew up a batch from brown sugar and molasses, then age it in bourbon barrel white oak chips for a year. That was also a complex, great sipper, but I have no idea of he is even alive any more sadly. That was normally cask strength though, running ~170 proof, so a little went a long way.

Gettin' thirsty just reading the way it's made.. YUM!

I have has this when it was in the old bottle and called Blue Label, I am referring to the Appleton, oh my is it good. I am fond of the rum's from Barbados as well as Flor de caña from Nicaragua.

Have always been a whiskey sipper. Skew towards single-malts, but lately have been sippin quite a few bourbons. Always sip them neat. Buddy of mine recently brought over a dark rum called Kirk & Sweeney, 23-yr Dominican. If you don't have a fine rum in your rotation, you need to...
There's a Rum made right here in Georgia called Richland Rum. It's pretty good.Made in the little town of Richland,Ga.

I have has this when it was in the old bottle and called Blue Label, I am referring to the Appleton, oh my is it good. I am fond of the rum's from Barbados as well as Flor de caña from Nicaragua.

Appleton is a big supporter of shooting sports BTW.

Used to come to a lot of big sporting clay shoots, especially in FL, and have a "tasting" booth. Lots of scores went down the next day. They would bring in the really good stuff - didn't even taste like cheap rum

Back
Top Bottom