• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rum

Richland Rum is made a few miles from my house. The head brewer is a friend, I net him years ago through his daughter. They had an event a few months ago called Taste of Richland that was pretty neat. They had folks from all over the state that make their own wines, liquor, cheese, beer, and other snacks like pecans and chocolates. It cost 25 bucks, you got to get beer from the Bud Light tent, try samples of the food and snacks,and have Rum samples for free. Of course all the vendors also bring plenty of stuff to sell. I think they have it again in November, I'll have to check and report back.

D3A6250B-DBBD-4A60-B208-7E2EDC8E0196.png

Reactions: GFB
Try the Haitian rum Barbancourt. Varieties include a 4 year up to a 15 year. It's difficult to find and costly but exquisite.

Rum.png
Picked these up on a Cruise to Cuba, Key West, a couple of weeks ago. Blonde Pilar made in Key West in honor of the Hemmingway, which was named after one of his wives. The Havana Club is from Cuba among other things.

Reactions: GFB
No where near high end but my favorite is Sailor Jerry's. I can't taste any of them to well after the first couple either way so I don't like putting a lot of money into them

No where near high end but my favorite is Sailor Jerry's. I can't taste any of them to well after the first couple either way so I don't like putting a lot of money into them
So you buy 2 different rums. 1st being a higher end rum that you start off with, which should be enjoyed either neat or with 1 or 2 ice cubes.
The 2nd bottle, if you intend on continue to drink and don't care about taste could be the Sailor Jerry's or whatever lower cost.

I prefer something along the mid-range price wise. Usually I only have 1 or 2 drinks and I'm done. Just something to take the edge off and un-wind.

Back
Top Bottom