• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russia stops shipping ammo to US!

It sure isn't the lack of countries making ammo. I have a friend that makes millions selling ammo every where other than the U.S.. It's the import laws that screw us. Dude has 20 million rnds of 9mm in a warehouse now, but can't get it into the country.

Very true. Case in point is Norinco.

Here their ammo is all pre-ban and sells as a collectors item. Yet up in Americas Hat (i.e. Canada) they can get Norinco ammo all day long at dirt cheap prices. It's not that Norinco won't sell ammo in the US, but that the US specifically bans Chinese companies from importing ammo.

If there is a permanent ban on Russian imports, it's far more likely to be from our side, not the Russians.

Why ammo? We let them import everything else.

Very true. Case in point is Norinco.

Here their ammo is all pre-ban and sells as a collectors item. Yet up in Americas Hat (i.e. Canada) they can get Norinco ammo all day long at dirt cheap prices. It's not that Norinco won't sell ammo in the US, but that the US specifically bans Chinese companies from importing ammo.

If there is a permanent ban on Russian imports, it's far more likely to be from our side, not the Russians.

Why ammo? We let them import everything else.

Ammo and guns. Our friends to the North (and in most of the world) can get Norinco M-1As (pretty nice although sometimes slightly radioactive) and AR-15's all day long as well.

Here's an overview that I 'stole' from another site:

There are so many different bans that effect Chinese firearms that it is very confusing.

First there was GB I's 1989 ban on the importation of "non-sporting" firearms. This is the one that caused the creation of the MAK 90 and lead to SKS's being imported with the bayonets removed and M14's being imported with fake flash hiders and no bayonet lugs.

Then there was the 1994 AWB which ended the importation of MAK 90's.

Then there was the 1994 "clarification" of munitions importation restrictions which said we were not supposed to be importing munitions from countries to which we banned the sale of munitions. Since exports of munitions to China were already banned, the State Department said that we could no longer import munitions from China. So most firearm and all ammunition importations from China stopped. This is stopped the importation of the neutered M14's. Black powder firearms and "sporting" shotguns were exempt from this ban. That's why the Norinco shotguns still kept coming in.

Then under GB II there was a ban on the importation of all Norinco products because they violated some arms trade rules. This stopped the importation of the Norinco shotguns for many years. Supposedly the Norinco ban has ended. I've also heard that it was extended.

So even if Bush II's ban on Norinco expired/expiress, Norinco M14's will still be banned by Clinton's ban on Chinese munitions. And even if that ban is ended the Chinese M14's will still have to come in without flash hiders or bayonet lugs to comply with Bush I's ban on the importation of "non-sporting" firearms.

G.H.W. Bush's 1989 "non-sporting" ban is where we get the 922(r) thing. I used to have the actual executive order numbers saved somewhere, but can't find them right now.

After I told my wife about this thread she told me to buy. Got me a good woman. I have plenty but when is it ever enough. Got some of the last .25 a round shipped from sgammo last night. Widners and ammo depot still has it for just alittle more in shipping.

I went ahead and got another 1000 ($229 + $22) from sgammo last night.... Puts me at about 5,000 in house... I do think this is all a hoax... If Russia is going to start limiting exports to US, which may come, it will not start with this ammo... And as Wolf has said, they have many more sources then just Russia to get this at good prices....

Back
Top Bottom