• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russian AK Banned: How much they are worth?

Get a stamped Vepr FM folder for $1400 while they still have them at Classic firearms. It has a thicker 1.5mm RPK receiver and a thicker barrel. My Veprs are the most accurate AKs I have (have Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, etc). Better than my milled Bulgarian AK.
Stamped RPK receiver outlasts its chrome-lined barrel on full auto. Source? I grew up playing with Soviet Army issue AKs in my dad's armory and range.

Get a stamped Vepr FM folder for $1400 while they still have them at Classic firearms. It has a thicker 1.5mm RPK receiver and a thicker barrel. My Veprs are the most accurate AKs I have (have Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, etc). Better than my milled Bulgarian AK.
Stamped RPK receiver outlasts its chrome-lined barrel on full auto. Source? I grew up playing with Soviet Army issue AKs in my dad's armory and range.

I’ve picked up stamped AK’s overseas that had no rifling left in them, but the receivers seemed fine.

I haven't had that issue at all. Only complaint i have is with the triggers and safety lever but those were easy upgrades. Had a guy at the CMP range offer me $1,400 for her but she wasn't for sale at the time.

View attachment 1937383 View attachment 1937384
Vepr build like RPK so it should handle rapid fire even better, so that make sense. I usually hear good things about Vepr other than its weight. Accuracy should be at least 2 moa with match grade ammo?

Vepr build like RPK so it should handle rapid fire even better, so that make sense. I usually hear good things about Vepr other than its weight. Accuracy should be at least 2 moa with match grade ammo?

I consistantly get around 2"....might be able to get a hair better but its hard to get a solid scope mount for that side rail

Yeah man, I saw your post about that too. It is a good deal!
Other forum mentioned that there are limited rifle stock options for folder Vepr FM, was that the case?

Not sure. I shoot left-handed so I removed the offset russian army scope (right pic) and went to a mount that holds the scope centered on the receiver (left pic). I was getting about 2-1/2 moa with the russian scope.
Russian POSP? I heard that that is a good scope but there are definitatly better scope out there for AK. Yeah, mounting other scopes can be a hassle.

Russian POSP? I heard that that is a good scope but there are definitatly better scope out there for AK. Yeah, mounting other scopes can be a hassle.

Yep, and they are very good scopes but i had a hard time getting the base to tighten on the rail. I had to lean too far over my weapon to shoot it anyway so i sold it

Yep, and they are very good scopes but i had a hard time getting the base to tighten on the rail. I had to lean too far over my weapon to shoot it anyway so i sold it
Ahh, now I have rethink about getting a POSP then. Russia is known for its AK but not its scope. If scope becomes a bigger issue later I probably just get a Polish AK like a WBP FOX with Beryl rail.

Back
Top Bottom