• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russian AK Banned: How much they are worth?

I have a 5.45 saiga. The back half was converted but not the front. I'm looking to fund a few things and haven't fired it in years. What could it go for?

Yeah man, I saw your post about that too. It is a good deal!
Other forum mentioned that there are limited rifle stock options for folder Vepr FM, was that the case?
Vepr folder is not easily replaced, but I like it. It has a cheek rest to use with the optics, and you rotate it out of the way to use the iron sights. I like the rubber butplate that comes on it. I find it more comfortable than Galil-like folder on SAM-7SF.

Ahh, now I have rethink about getting a POSP then. Russia is known for its AK but not its scope. If scope becomes a bigger issue later I probably just get a Polish AK like a WBP FOX with Beryl rail.
I have a 4x24 POSP scope. Russia is known for some of its optics, set up production in post WW2 with captrured Carl Zeiss technology (we used to send Soviet binoculars to friends in Czechoslovakia to flip). POSP scope needs to be tightened BEFORE the lever is locked all the way. I have used mine since 2005ish. If it is tightened properly, it will not move, but you have to follow a specific procedure. I read and and speak Russian, so I was able to read the instructions that came with it (plus my dad helped me), and it has not lost zero, despite me taking it off and on several times. It is offset to the left, ie for the right handed shooter. It lives on a 20" 7.62x39 RobArms Vepr.
WBP Fox is a great AK, but I would look into an Atlantic Arms WBP build as well. Finish on AA AKs is second to none: Teflon over parkerizing, very, very nice.

Vepr folder is not easily replaced, but I like it. It has a cheek rest yo use with the optics, and uou rotate it out of the way to use the iron sights.

I have a 4x24 POSP scope. Russia is known for some of its optics, set up production in post WW2 with captrured Carl Zeiss technology (we used to send Soviet binoculars to friends in Czechoslovakia to flip). POSP scope needs to be tightened BEFORE the lever is locked all the way. I have used mine since 2005ish. If it is tightened properly, it will not move, but you have to follow a specific procedure. I read and and speak Russian, so I followed the instructions, and it has not lost zero, despite me taking it off and on several times. It is offset to the left, ie for the right handed shooter. It lives on a 20" 7.62x39 RobArms Vepr.
WBP Fox is a great AK, but I would look into an Atlantic Arms WBP build as well. Finish on AA AKs is second to none: Teflon over parkerizing, very, very nice.

Oh so that is why some people report POSP losing zeros. Is there a translation or English guide of that "specific procedure?" That would be nice for those of us who don't speak Russian but love to use their products.

WBP Fox is hyped right now but I am still waiting for Rob Ski's 5000 rounds report. 2500 rounds test passed already.

What are the AA WBP build other than Fox? The CG1?

20190101_215910.jpg

Fox is built by WBP in Poland and converted by AA. Atlantic also builds rifles with WBP parts, Childers Polish sourced receiver and Radom CLCHF barrel. Mine has the Beryl rail as well.
I think Fox will pass the test, but, like you, I waiting. PSA Gen 3 might be another decent option, afte rtest is done.

PS I will try to find the instructions and translate them and post the translation. I have not seen an English translation, but it does not mean there is not one already.

View attachment 1937737

Fox is built by WBP in Poland and converted by AA Atlantic also builds rifles with WBP parts, Childers Polish sourced receiver and Radom CLCHF barrel. Mine has the Beryl rale as well.

Thanks man, i knew you'd be along here soon! I totally agree, that posp scope is a wonderful optic, i just didn't have it tightened down correctly. The odt'er who got it from me loves it!

B banquier Where are you at? I do not mind letting you see a couple of my AKs in person, to see what fits you best. Or if we are both at another M&G, I will bring them out, if you are there.

View attachment 1937737

Fox is built by WBP in Poland and converted by AA. Atlantic also builds rifles with WBP parts, Childers Polish sourced receiver and Radom CLCHF barrel. Mine has the Beryl rail as well.
I think Fox will pass the test, but, like you, I waiting. PSA Gen 3 might be another decent option, afte rtest is done.

PS I will try to find the instructions and translate them and post the translation. I have not seen an English translation, but it does not mean there is not one already.

You are the man!

PSA Gen 3 5000 rounds test is a must. Plus their QC is not consistent so who knows if you get a lemon or not. I will check out that Polish AA build. You can always trust Childers receivers.

They are roughly double what they sold for pre-ban.

The VEPRs are really solid rifles across the board, but they were sold at Sagia prices due to market pressures. They both are getting a premium due to the ban, but I would pay 2x the old price for a VEPR, and give the Sagia a miss. Luckily I bought what I wanted when they were normal prices...
I have Veprs (slant and square back), SGL Saiga and RWC rear converted Saiga, and Vepr is a better rifle. Heavier, but more accurate and better built, with beefier parts.

B banquier Where are you at? I do not mind letting you see a couple of my AKs in person, to see what fits you best. Or if we are both at another M&G, I will bring them out, if you are there.

Oh heck yeah man! I am in Lilburn around Atlanta. But if you are far I can travel to meet you in your preferred location to check those sexy AKs out. Or we can meet in a gun range. I probably want to get more guns before I participate in a M&G so thats later.

Back
Top Bottom