• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S.C. Introduces Bill to Honor GA CWL

I was about to apply for my SC CWP as a non-resident until I read this.....I guess I should wait a little longer and see if it passes.

When did they start issuing non resident CWPs? I checked into it a couple of years back and they didn't do it then. They require the class to issue and you have to own property in SC to get it. As for reciprocity they reciprocate with Florida RESIDENT but not non-resident. So even though we can carry in Florida and we can even get a non-resident Florida permit it STILL doesn't help with SC.

South Carolina should pass this bill.

I will travel to and enjoy Charleston and Myrtle Beach once they do.

Just sayin'.

Yep. Wife loves Myrtle Beach but I won't go until I can carry.

Y'all can thank me for this by the way. I emailed Nikki Haley's office about this problem last year. 'Course she never emailed me back but I'm sure she got the message. ;)

When did they start issuing non resident CWPs? I checked into it a couple of years back and they didn't do it then. They require the class to issue and you have to own property in SC to get it. As for reciprocity they reciprocate with Florida RESIDENT but not non-resident. So even though we can carry in Florida and we can even get a non-resident Florida permit it STILL doesn't help with SC.

I lived in Charleston for 40+ years and still own property in SC.... SLED issues non resident permits to out of state residents as long as you own property in SC.

Non-Resident CWP Form
http://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.aspx?MenuID=CWP

Last edited:
I lived in Charleston for 40+ years and still own property in SC.... SLED issues non resident permits to out of state residents as long as you own property in SC.

Non-Resident CWP Form
http://www.sled.sc.gov/cwp.aspx?MenuID=CWP

Right...like I said "They require the class to issue and you have to own property in SC to get it."

Right...like I said "They require the class to issue and you have to own property in SC to get it."

As long as your name is on a SC Deed.... The Assessor must certify that by the TMS #... You could own a fractional interest in a property and qualify as long as your name is listed on the deed.

No problem with the class, I had to take one to get my Virginia permit in the 90's which was good in SC but not GA.... (I believe if GA required training we would have had reciprocity) then I moved back to GA, three years ago and became as GA resident and lost my privilege to carry in SC and VA....and the only way to regain the ability to legally carry in SC is go the non-resident SC property owner route or wait see if this bill is signed by the SC Governor...

As long as your name is on a SC Deed.... The Assessor must certify that by the TMS #... You could own a fractional interest in a property and qualify as long as your name is listed on the deed.

No problem with the class, I had to take one to get my Virginia permit in the 90's which was good in SC but not GA.... (I believe if GA required training we would have had reciprocity) then I moved back to GA, three years ago and became as GA resident and lost my privilege to carry in SC and VA....and the only way to regain the ability to legally carry in SC is go the non-resident SC property owner route or wait see if this bill is signed by the SC Governor...

Yeah...let's not go allowing a training requirement to FURTHER infringe our rights in order to kiss SC's ass.

Yeah...let's not go allowing a training requirement to FURTHER infringe our rights in order to kiss SC's ass.

I'd rather not have to take the training again.... BUT....I'll just consider it a tax or penalty, if I must take it to be able to CC in SC .....Some states believe training is a good thing, some don't....I think it's called the Golden Rule.... He (She) who has the gold makes the rules.

Last edited:
SC H3025 Reciprocity & CC w/o CWP was read for the 3rd time (Roll call vote Yeas-74 Nays-17) and has been sent to the senate. Officially listed as read and passed third time in the house.

South Carolina Legislature Online - Search

SC H3799 Reciprocity Bill for GA & NC was read for the second time and voted on yesterday, and was just read for a 3rd time on the House Floor. It is now sent to the Senate.

South Carolina Legislature Online - Search

Back
Top Bottom