• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

S&W M&P 15-22 The most fun I've had with a .22 in a LONG time.

N Cochran

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
335   0
Reaction score
The S&W M&P 15-22 is the best looking .22 ar I have ever seen. I picked mine up two days ago for $399.00 (this is the version without the flash suppressor). I actually wanted the non-flash suppressor version so I can better maintain the barrel and hopefully accuracy. The function of the little AR is just like its big brothers. All controls do what they should. The magazine is 25 rounds and works and looks great. You can pull the spring and follower down so that it is very easy to load. I like it b/c of the six position stock as well, which, will allow it to function with younger children and grow with them. I first mounted an EoTech 512, then a TruGlo red dot. Both functioned fantastically once sighted in. Plenty of rails to mount toys. No jams on rapid fire. I also put a vertical grip on mine. I took it out in the field and plinked away. It was like (like it, not exactly for obvious reasons) shooting my full size AR, but much cheaper. If you like the AR platform you got to get one. I have not tested accuracy as of yet, and will post again once I have done so. However, it was accurate enough for cans, shotgun shells, and various other targets at about 25 yards. These guns are polymer, which does not bother me, but may some. It makes the gun extremely light to carry, which is a bonus while walking around plinking. Like I said, get one simply because it is so much fun.

Nathan, the M&P15-22 is one of the most fun and accurate new rifles I have ever owned. You will love it. Mine shot dime size groups at 70 yards with CCI and 5/16" groups at 50 yards.

Dime size groups at 70 yards is great. Well, I think so. I'm not looking for it to be a competition gun, just something to have fun with. Again, I will post my own results once I have a chance to test. Extra time is hard to find these days.

NAthan, I do like the M&P 15 22. have you shot the GSG-5 yet? I have one of these as well and it is a little nail driver. I love AR's but have a hankering for HK style weapons. If you don't have one of these, I recommend you get one.

I picked up the 15-22p a few days ago and that was the most fun I've ever had shooting with some friends. Everyone can shoot it as much as they want without breaking the bank.

Now my only dilemma is whether I want to sell it to get the 15-22 rifle or keep it and just have both.

The S&W M&P 15-22 is the best looking .22 ar I have ever seen. I picked mine up two days ago for $399.00 (this is the version without the flash suppressor). I actually wanted the non-flash suppressor version so I can better maintain the barrel and hopefully accuracy. The function of the little AR is just like its big brothers. All controls do what they should. The magazine is 25 rounds and works and looks great. You can pull the spring and follower down so that it is very easy to load. I like it b/c of the six position stock as well, which, will allow it to function with younger children and grow with them. I first mounted an EoTech 512, then a TruGlo red dot. Both functioned fantastically once sighted in. Plenty of rails to mount toys. No jams on rapid fire. I also put a vertical grip on mine. I took it out in the field and plinked away. It was like (like it, not exactly for obvious reasons) shooting my full size AR, but much cheaper. If you like the AR platform you got to get one. I have not tested accuracy as of yet, and will post again once I have done so. However, it was accurate enough for cans, shotgun shells, and various other targets at about 25 yards. These guns are polymer, which does not bother me, but may some. It makes the gun extremely light to carry, which is a bonus while walking around plinking. Like I said, get one simply because it is so much fun.

Put up a review of it in the gun review section if you don't mind. You can just copy and paste this in there if you want.

Back
Top Bottom