• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W M&P Shield deactivating sear lever issue

thelopeztribe

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Help!! I have had this pistol right at 90 days and this evening while field stripping and messing with the pistol, the deactivating lever came out. Obviously I plan to send to S&W on their dime, etc.

Has anyone had this happen? How did you fix it? Obviously Smith better fix it. :)

Thanks,

Robert

Attachments

• Sear lever issue.jpg
    Sear lever issue.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 44
Just saw I was tagged in this post! (Oops)
Here are my two opinions on this:
1)They typically are useless anyway, as you probably know they are like the "Warning" on the side that the firearm will fire without the mag in. I won't lie to you... took it out of my M&P's. The deactivation lever was removed when I went with all Apex parts.

2)Officially though I say to send it back to Smith via calling them, and they will email you a shipping label. Or if you are of sound mind and brass balls take the gun apart and reinstall it if you still have the pin. Smith may even send you the pin if it's lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the point of it anyway ? I've been wondering. Also, rather than messing with it it seems you can field strip my pulling the trigger before moving the slide off the frame, does that damage anything ?

What's the point of it anyway ? I've been wondering. Also, rather than messing with it it seems you can field strip my pulling the trigger before moving the slide off the frame, does that damage anything ?

Nope, doesn't damage anything. Corporate liability attorneys played a big part because of motards firing off rounds in their house. Sig has theirs built into the FCG of the P320, and Flock just doesn't care.

Done a bit more reading and it seems part of the reason is some gov orgs wanted a method of stripping that doesn't require the trigger to be pulled. Seems there's been more than one Glock ND as a result of pulling the trigger to strip.

Just saw I was tagged in this post! (Oops)
Here are my two opinions on this:
1)They typically are useless anyway, as you probably know they are like the "Warning" on the side that the firearm will fire without the mag in. I won't lie to you... took it out of my M&P's. The deactivation lever was removed when I went with all Apex parts.

2)Officially though I say to send it back to Smith via calling them, and they will email you a shipping label. Or if you are of sound mind and brass balls take the gun apart and reinstall it if you still have the pin. Smith may even send you the pin if it's lost.

Thanks,

That is what I had read is it really isn't needed and was just put there for liability reasons or as a CYA. I am in the process of gettting an Apex trigger when I get it back. Just curious, did it improve your trigger pull, if so by about how much?

Back
Top Bottom