• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W Revolver Fans

Deleted member 38641

Default rank <4500 posts
US Army (Retired)
84   0
Reaction score
As many S&W Revolver fans are here. We all hate the dang Internal Lock mechanism on the newer models. Not to mention the MIM parts as well. Removing the lock just leaves a big hole in the side of your nice Wheel Gun.

As I have both older and newer S&W Revolver models, I was looking for a cure. I found a website that resolves the lock issue and more. The owner/operator is not only a machinist but a Veteran.
You can now replace some of the important, internal parts with all steel and fill that hole with a complete Delete Kit for the internal lock.

Just sharing what I found for some Wheel Gun Fans that may not already know

https://www.originalprecision.com/lock-delete-parts.html

I checked them out a while back when I was looking for a plug for the lock. A guy on S&W forums and Brownells is a good bit cheaper than Original Precision. The down side to Brownells is that the plug is black and I believe its plastic.

Apex sells a trigger kit for some S&W revolvers that replaces all the MIM parts with forged or milled parts.

I ordered two and I am going to tackle these two first. Rather have steel and quality than plastic. I will pay a little more for that also supporting a Veteran Small Business means something to me. Brownells has enough money, lol. I will post new pics once I do the fix on my M610 and M929

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

Have you ever broken a MiM part? I have seen some very poor forged S&W parts, but never a Mim part out of spec. Especially hammers.

Then there is that one guy, lol.

Try to do something informative and there is always that one person who finds fault with everything. Gotta love the ODT

I meant no fault. Just saying that to me it’s too much effort. Leave it to the ODT to be criticized for voicing a different opinion. Respectfully, right back at cha! ;)

Back
Top Bottom