• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA Prodigy or Staccato?

I handled one Springfield Armory "Prodigy" at my gunsmith’s house yesterday. It’s owned by a friend of his who is a police firearms instructor and has a relationship with Springfield (he has also appeared in advertisements for them). I Googled it as I was holding it and when I told him I couldn’t find any mention of it anywhere, he said they’re not out yet and his friend was given one for testing purposes. If the price point is less than a Staccato then I would definitely buy one.
* I also did not think to take any pictures at the time 🤦🏻‍♂️

You are welcome to try my RIA, several folks that have the higher end 2011's were suitably impressed with mine after shooting it.
I appreciate that, and I’ve owned snd shot RIAs both single and double stack. I’ve also owned a few STI and full custom 2011s, and shot staccato/SVI/Limcat/etc.

Nothing wrong with an older Honda Civic. It would get me back and forth to work on the same roads and the same traffic as a Lexus. But my Lexus air conditioned my butthole on the way.

Once a gun is reliable you are paying for fit and finish, some for prestige, some for bragging rights. My RIA shot 45 and made the same holes as my Baer wearing grips that cost more than the RIA did. Sometimes it’s worth paying for the improvement, sometimes it’s not. Sometimes it’s just because you want to, and that’s ok too

Love all these folks that have not held one, shot one, or even read a review talking about what garbage the Prodigy is.

That said, neither have I, but a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while......
My friend unless Springfield has done a complete flip in the quality they are putting out in the 1911 style gun, past performance is very indicative of future results.

Back
Top Bottom