• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA Prodigy or Staccato?

Look I’m bias cause I hated how things went down with the change from STI to staccato and I’ve never been a fan of Springfield pistols this one may be great but I promise you I’ll never know. 2011 pistols have a place at matches and tier one mall ninja gatherings.

Best-12-Inch-Ruler.MH_.jpg.

Just got back from shooting a buddy's Prodigy that he just bought. Was a complete piece. The only ammo that it would even consider running was 115 grain fmj. Choked on 147's. Both ball and flat nose. No HP's of any type would cycle even 50/50. Tried a few different 2011 mags as well. Namely stacatto and MBX. Painstakingly, we ran 350 rounds through it.

As far as feel, well, it feels like a 2011 with a poly grip. Felt nice in my hand. Fit and finish were not as nice as a Stacatto. No where near as nice as a PT, Cheely, Atlas, etc (which I would expect given the price tag).

It'll be going back to Springfield this week.

I held one this weekend. I am familiar with STI and Staccato guns. The compact model is the equivalent of a steel frame C2. The finish was decent the fit was decent with noticeably movement between the slide and frame. With a good cleaning and thicker oil the slide to frame tolerances might feel a little tighter. The grip feels better than a staccato. When one is available used, I will buy one.

Back
Top Bottom