• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safe sale...

Only witch of the mechanical is it takes longer to open......

The electronic one is great in theory.... But I sure have read about a lot of guys having to call a safe guy when that keypad took a crap. (Not to say that the mechanical ones are totally without trouble. But I sure haven't read of anywhere near as many problems.)

The electronic one is great in theory.... But I sure have read about a lot of guys having to call a safe guy when that keypad took a crap. (Not to say that the mechanical ones are totally without trouble. But I sure haven't read of anywhere near as many problems.)

if you buy a good quilty e-lock they tend to hold up.... but will always have a higher chance of failure.

Manual locks do take a little longer to open. Sometimes I wish I had bought a safe with elock but, the reassurance of reliability makes me feel better about manual lock.

Electronic or digital locks with a key over-ride are a lockout waiting to happen. While all electronic locks are prone to problems the ones with a key over-ride or malfunction key as I like to call it are really bad.

I realize the dial locks aren't as fast to open or as cool but when it comes to reliability nothing else comes close. I open locked safes for a living and I can't recall the last time I saw a "malfunction" with a dial lock. It's always been a lost combination situation.

If you want to get in a mechanical safe quick, just run the code and leave it right before the last number (that make sense?). Say your code is L to 1, R to 2 and L to 3. Just stop at the 2 and all you have to do is go left to the final number. When I am at the house that is how mine is set, so if I had to access it quick it is just one turn away. It works good for me, may be worth a shot.

Most , not all but most mechanical locks can be set on one number. Not quite as secure because you're eliminating a ton of possible combinations but it sure is a lot faster to open. 4 X L to "your number" and then back to the right to unlock the lock.

Back
Top Bottom