• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safe sale...

Most , not all but most mechanical locks can be set on one number. Not quite as secure because you're eliminating a ton of possible combinations but it sure is a lot faster to open. 4 X L to "your number" and then back to the right to unlock the lock.

Just don't set it on "50" LOL

Most , not all but most mechanical locks can be set on one number. Not quite as secure because you're eliminating a ton of possible combinations but it sure is a lot faster to open. 4 X L to "your number" and then back to the right to unlock the lock.

Not sure how I would feel about a one number combo. For quick access probably great, at the house by itself could be questionable.

Has been in my family for 60 years, opens every time, 0 batteries

image.jpg

14 gauge.... 10 gauge.... Anything that ends in gauge won't hold up to a serious attack. It will keep your kids out of your guns , it will keep the neighbor hood thug that wants to grab stuff and run away from your guns.

It is very common for Locksmiths to set safe combinations on 50 while they are on the showroom floor. And then once the safe sells a 3 number combination would be set before it's delivered or the customer takes it home.

Also when I'm servicing a lock and checking it out I'll set it on 50 just so I can dial it quickly.

Anybody that's thinking of the "dial two numbers so you only have to dial one" needs to try that. I did... and I could keep dialing, then turning back to zero to see if opened... all the way to the correct number.

If someone knew, guessed, or just hoped you were using this stunt, they could open your safe, really quickly.

Just FYI.

Back
Top Bottom