• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sapelo Island

jawja clay

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
i was drawn for a sapelo hunt. Now what? I don't have a clue what to do or expect. I'm too old to hike 5 miles with a backpack and a 48 qt cooler. Take the ferry or take my boat? I'm open for suggestions and information.

A quota hunt I think you got to take a ferry.
If your going some other way you need to get with the locals, or you will do a lot of walking. Probably gonna be a lot of walking either way

Deer are small if it's a deer hunt, I was always told to prepare to go to a deserted island

really need to get back down to our property down there sometime, its been a loooonnnggg time since i've been down there

They quit letting trash can 4 a while, definitely take the ferry plan to move your stuff several times. Truck to dock, dock to ferry, ferry to dock, dock to trailer, trailer to camp, and drag to campsite. Beautiful place deer everywhere take a climber. Hunting spots are 10 to 20 ac. Watch out for snakes and gators. Loads of info in this thread
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=689316

They quit letting trash can 4 a while, definitely take the ferry plan to move your stuff several times. Truck to dock, dock to ferry, ferry to dock, dock to trailer, trailer to camp, and drag to campsite. Beautiful place deer everywhere take a climber. Hunting spots are 10 to 20 ac. Watch out for snakes and gators. Loads of info in this thread
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=689316
It might be different at ossawbal island, I know they were letting you do that there not to long ago. Thank for the info.

If I'm not mistaken, if you transport your gear in anything with wheels you need to make the wheels removable for the Sapelo ferry.
We use trash cans to lessen the trips up and down the ramps when we go to Ossabaw. That and it gives us watertight/raccoon proof storage for our gear and food.

Back
Top Bottom