• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sausages etc.

I was thinking the same thing. That's Bogart address. I didn't know they were a butcher shop. Just thought it was a general store/gas station.

Good. I thought I was loosing it there for a minute. Next time you're in there , show that woman a map!

I've wanted to stop there a few times, but every time I'm in the area I'm in a 45' tour bus heading to 441S and its not buisness hours.

Its not that far from me, but I haven't made it a point to head over there. I might can be persueded. Do they have good jerky there? I mean real jerky. Dry, leathery prices of meat. Not that way over cooked steak in a bag crap like jack links. I can't stand that crap.

The stripling's jerky down here is pretty good. They usually have some out on the counter to sample, some in a jar to buy by the pound, or some prepackaged. I prefer Carroll's jerky though, its thin and tough.

Patak, there is no better. Every 2 months I make a meat run and stock up on 100 dollars worth of sausage and kolbasa. Finished off my last garlic salami last week, and I've been going thru withdrawals. If you go, pick up sliced Mortadella, German bologna, Ukrainskaia, Moskovskaya and Garlic salami. You will thank me later. Add some smoked ribs, smoked bacon and links.

Patak is in Austell, I suggest their fermented sausages. Waldrep's in Ellijay has the best fresh sausage I've had. Romney's in Martin is a close second, he also makes the best deer sausages I've found.

Good. I thought I was loosing it there for a minute. Next time you're in there , show that woman a map!

I've wanted to stop there a few times, but every time I'm in the area I'm in a 45' tour bus heading to 441S and its not buisness hours.

Its not that far from me, but I haven't made it a point to head over there. I might can be persueded. Do they have good jerky there? I mean real jerky. Dry, leathery prices of meat. Not that way over cooked steak in a bag crap like jack links. I can't stand that crap.

Get the Stripling's Jerky they have loose at the counter. The prepackaged vacuum sealed is not as.gpod.

Im.going to swing by Pataks next week. Not to far from my office.

Is that in the old Stripling's building? I'd heard it wasn't as good, but I have not been in there.

That's the one. I think it is comparable to Striplings now. Over the years, Striplings quality has gone down and up. I buy from both and they are equal products now. A few years back, I would have strongly suggested you go to Saltlick.

Patak, there is no better. Every 2 months I make a meat run and stock up on 100 dollars worth of sausage and kolbasa. Finished off my last garlic salami last week, and I've been going thru withdrawals. If you go, pick up sliced Mortadella, German bologna, Ukrainskaia, Moskovskaya and Garlic salami. You will thank me later. Add some smoked ribs, smoked bacon and links.

Sounds like an awesome place! ........and now I'm hungry!:hungry:

There's a place on HWY 300 just east of Warwick that has some pretty good sausage. Can't recall the name of it off hand but it's a pretty good sized store, hard to miss.

Nick T

Back
Top Bottom