Savage axis scope mount

jblanton121

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
6   0
Reaction score
Hey, I have a pre accutrigger axis. Probably should’ve done more research before jumping on a scope, but long story short, the scope is too short and the magnification adjustment rubs on the ring (and can’t be moved)

I feel like my options are
1. Buy a picatinny rail and new rings to bring the scope back
2. Buy a new longer scope

Anyone recommend anything else? I’d love to find some rings that screw directly to the reciever but provide some front to rear adjustment if I can, but can’t find anything like that

Attachments

• IMG_8939.jpeg
    IMG_8939.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8940.jpeg
    IMG_8940.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 11
0ACD6DA4-05B0-4D20-A2FB-D59D9D6A45C0.jpeg

Scope's magnification ring (yellow) is rubbing on the scope base (the area highlighted in blue) correct?

How about taking the scope and rings off the base and filing or grinding on the base and knocking a few thousands of an inch off the back end?

View attachment 6196978

Scope's magnification ring (yellow) is rubbing on the scope base (the area highlighted in blue) correct?

How about taking the scope and rings off the base and filing or grinding on the base and knocking a few thousands of an inch off the back end?
Thanks. Yep that’s exactly the issue. I finally found and ordered a taller one piece ring set that I’m hoping does it, but if not gonna either grind off or shim up with an aluminum can.

Will know Tuesday for sure!

Back
Top Bottom