• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage model 12FV Varmint Rifles for $319.99.....at Cabela's

Well, I saw they had taken the payment out of my account again today and checked. It has been shipped, so I should get notification it's at the store within a few days. Hope it's a shooter.

HOLY CRAP!

Got my 223 M12 FV to CMP today to brake it in and see what it will do.

These are the first three shot groups I fired with it. I was still doing brake in and had done single shots and clean five time. The barrel was incredibly dirty coming from the factory and it took about a half hour of brushing and patching before I ever fired the first shot.

The first round of each group was with a clean barrel, which is pretty extraordinary because normally there is a POI shift after the first round on a clean barrel.

First group measured 0.157 MOA.
223 gr1.jpg

Second group was 0.35 MOA. Yes, I moved the windage adjustment in the wrong direction. :doh:
223 gr2.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the third group, but it measured 0.236 MOA.

Fourth group is 0.275 MOA.
223 gr4.jpg

Fifth group is 0.236
223 gr5.jpg

These are not hand-loads. They are with Hornady 55 grain V-Max, which also happens to be what I run in my AR15. Very convenient!

That is an average group size of 0.2508 MOA. This is a legitimate quarter minute rifle. Not to shabby for a rifle that only cost $220. May be the best money I ever spent.

Back
Top Bottom