• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBP Pistol brace protector are you ****ing kidding me?

Nice. What lower did you go with?
It's a PSA dedicated Colt lower. Had a few hiccups brand new, bent the ejector a tad more inward to ride tighter in the bolt channel and now it runs religiously. Never had an issue since, gobbles everything and has become my favorite little pistol.

And yet, on this very forum, somebody is selling a 22 pistol that comes with a fully concealing and shoot-through wallet holster, even after I posted (in his first for sale thread for this item) a copy of ATF's ruling about these, declaring them to be AOW's if you possess both the gun and the holster (either one, without the other, is OK). And the seller's photos show the gun IN and ON the wallet holster in question.
(His ad doesn't indicate that this is an NFA weapon, or that he intends to comply with the NFA in selling it).

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9

I guess some people are more risk-tolerant than others. I'm more risk-adverse when it comes to matters of federal felonies.
I've seen such rigs advertised here as well as Armslist. And I've known a few people who owned/carried them in the 80s/90s. Back then I didn't even know it was an NFA violation. Seriously, in the everyday world most semi informed gun owners know or assume about SBRs,suppressors and machineguns. But who out there dives into gun law minutia enough to know that one piece of leather with two holes and a snap could be a violation?
Actually it's good that you made this post because it's perfect example of just how insane NFA really is.I would venture to say that most of the folks with the wallet rig you described are using it illegally. Because who would want to be bothered with the paperwork and hassle involved to use it legally even if it was only a $5.00 transfer? It's still a pain in the ass that's just not worth the hassle.

Love mine!
IMG_5248.JPG

Back
Top Bottom