• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Century C39

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
I picked up a "Made in the USA" Century C39 milled AK Pistol. I am thinking this bad boy would be a great project to SBR since my plans to SBR the PAP got foiled. Anyway, I am thinking I wan't to go underfolder, but thought I would see what some of you thought. I have looked all over the internet and have yet to find anyone who has SBR'd one of these bad boys.

Suggestions?

[Broken External Image]:

Oh, and before somebody says it, I already have a SB47 Forearm Brace on the way for this gun to make it more usable until I make up my mind. The Arm Brace is nice, but doesn't take the place of a stamp.

I think UF would be your best option because of the slant, but I am not sure how the trunnion is setup on it. I have read where some people discussed welding shims on the trunnion so they could use the Stormwerkz/Ace type folders.

The angle of the rear trunnion looks more aggressive than the PAP but I'm not positive. With it being milled and seeing no rivets at all in the aft end of the receiver, I'm very curious as to what, if any, rear trunnion is in the thing. Offhand, I'm going to say that the reason you haven't seen many SBR'd is that it isn't worth the effort.

The angle of the rear trunnion looks more aggressive than the PAP but I'm not positive. With it being milled and seeing no rivets at all in the aft end of the receiver, I'm very curious as to what, if any, rear trunnion is in the thing. Offhand, I'm going to say that the reason you haven't seen many SBR'd is that it isn't worth the effort.
I'll snap some pictures later today. It is all one milled piece of steel.

Is it just my eyes or does it look like there is a circular "dark area" on the rear of the receiver exactly where an underfolder would go?

It's not going to be easy or cheap. I can promise that.
If I wanted cheap and easy I would call my ex wife. Besides, an American SBR milled underfolder. How cool would that be. I'm sure it is nothing our friends at Dobbs Defense and fort Daniel couldn't handle.

Listen Daddy Warbux, we don't all have access to the NWS Sharpshooter Fund. Swipin' cards and slinging Ben's like a fat hooker in the Chili's bathroom.

The underfolder looks the coolest in the folded position. But they look flimsy when unfolded. If the angle of the rear part of the receiver allows it I would use a tubular steel, Galil type side folder.

Back
Top Bottom