• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR upper?

Russell0331

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
124   0
Reaction score
I'm planning on manufacturing an SBR. I have a rifle lower and I'm about to purchase an upper.

-While I'm waiting for the paper work to come back, what do I do with the lower?
-Can I keep the upper at my residence, even though I have other AR's?
-Do I dig a couple of holes and throw them in?

What most guys do is build a pistol lower so they can shoot their upper while they wait. When the stamp comes back take the pistol buffer tube off and add a stock.

Since you're lower is already a rifle it cannot be a pistol ever.

If I were you I'd build a pistol lower so you can somewhat enjoy your upper over the next 6 months.

What most guys do is build a pistol lower so they can shoot their upper while they wait. When the stamp comes back take the pistol buffer tube off and add a stock.

If I were you I'd build a pistol lower so you can somewhat enjoy your upper over the next 6 months.

^ This^

This and if you have a pistol lower then there is none of that "constructive possession" nonsense.

why can it never be a pistol ever? I understand that you can't take a lower that was factory registered as a rifle and throw a pistol buffer on it and be legal, this is why we buy the lower that hasn't been designated and build it as a pistol. But, what stops you from taking a rifle lower and paying the 200 to nfa on a form 1 and then mounting an sbr upper on it after approval. The stripped lower just let's you build it and use while you wait on the stamp whereas if you filed a form 1 on a lower originally set as a rifle you'd have to wait on the stamp.

I may very well be wrong, just thinking I've read this somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom