• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scary Trade Today....

Being handed a loaded weapon doesn’t scare me, some one handling the weapon without checking it’s status... now that scares the hell out of me.

Obviously the AR was loaded.

But my question is:
Did you unload in your britches when the live round ejected?

I once sold a Glock 42 to a dentist and delivered it to his office. We walked into his personal office within the dental office and he sat down at the desk, opened the box, took out the gun and discovered it was fully loaded with one in the chamber.... I felt like a complete idiot. I mean, it’s a .380, so even a dentist could patch up that wound pretty easily but an ND in the office would be bad for business!

Obviously the AR was loaded.

But my question is:
Did you unload in your britches when the live round ejected?
Why? We handle loaded guns all the time. We should never handle a gun without observing all safety procedures, every time.
Granted, selling the gun loaded is in bad form, but in truth having a loaded weapon handed to you shouldn’t “scare” anyone. Unless many here handle their weapons differently based on the condition they “THINK” the weapon is in.

Why? We handle loaded guns all the time. We should never handle a gun without observing all safety procedures, every time.
Granted, selling the gun loaded is in bad form, but in truth having a loaded weapon handed to you shouldn’t “scare” anyone. Unless many here handle their weapons differently based on the condition they “THINK” the weapon is in.

The only problem with handing someone a loaded firearm, is that not everybody treats all firearms as if they were loaded, and I don't care to get "accidentally" shot.
I have handed friends firearms and let them know it's loaded with one in the pipe, so they don't have to check.

I don't think I would hand a load weapon to a stranger, not knowing their safety habits.

Muzzle control. Muzzle control. Muzzle control.

The only problem with handing someone a loaded firearm, is that not everybody treats all firearms as if they were loaded, and I don't care to get "accidentally" shot.
I have handed friends firearms and let them know it's loaded with one in the pipe, so they don't have to check.

I don't think I would hand a load weapon to a stranger, not knowing their safety habits.

Muzzle control. Muzzle control. Muzzle control.
Agreed, but everyone is acting like being handed a loaded weapon frightens them beyond belief. SMDH

Agreed, but everyone is acting like being handed a loaded weapon frightens them beyond belief. SMDH

I guess it's the shock that someone selling or trading a weapon that most would presume to be empty, wasn't checked before handing it off.
Very careless on the seller/trader.
I don't assume that people I don't know will handle a firearm responsibly.

So if everybody checks every time, we should remain reasonably safe from ND.

in these days of everyones an "operator" its complancancy that will get you.
One cannot assume any one else has the training, knowledge or experience that others may hold. Basic weapons handling Makes a miss as good as mile. Happy festivus and enjoy the new year.

It happens way more than we like to admit. I work at a gun shop and I invariably get flagged at least once a week by a customers gun that ends up being loaded. Then they get mad at me for calling them out on it. I should wear a vest.

Back
Top Bottom