• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

School me on ar9 9mm's

waydeo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
I'm wondering about a 9mm ar9 . Pros/cons ? Who make a good one at a Decent price ? Best shooting ,plinking Length with and with out a stamp ? Do they work with lead reloads ? Load data ?

I like roller delayed or delayed blowback over straight blowback. 9mm blow back AR9's recoil a lot for being 9mm.

CMMG radial delayed blowback banshee 4.5" barrel and BCG kit. Build it with a Milspec lower and endomags.

Otherwise, pick up a cheap MP5 clone while you can.

Yes! OP, I went with a mke mp5 over the ar9 and can't imagine wanting any other PCC. We're in a silent MP5 golden hour so make the best of it.

AR9's have some advantages (mainly "familiarity of the platform"). Set up right, they're highly-accurate and low-recoiling.

I build a lot of them for Steel Challenge and USPSA competitors and see just a few issues. Triggers can be tricky and you should definitely have a spare Firing Pin laying around. They are dirty, but most blowback guns are. Get with your builder and spec out what you want it to do. I am sure that you can be very happy for less money than an MPX or similar....

Back
Top Bottom