• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on Gun Safes

Safe sizes are like tent sizes. They base it on what can be crammed in not put in neatly and nicely.

Hey guys,

A couple of years ago I did some research on gun safes, but got sidetracked and never bought one. Now, I'm ready to pull the trigger and I'm just as confused as I was before. Here's my situation and maybe you guys and give me some guidance.

I think my biggest potential hazard is a fire. So, I'd like the safe to have a smoke/water seal and a hour fire rating at around 1200 degrees. What type of seal should I be looking for? Should I ask for a specific name? Do most safes have that type of seal now? The second hazard is theft, what should I look for in a safe there? I do think that's way down on the list as usually someone is home, I have an alarm system and I plan to hide the safe.

I not sure of the size just yet, but probably something like 36" wide and around 28-30" deep. Or whatever comes closest to that. I have a turn it needs to make on entry. The door opening is 36" wide and there is an object 37 1/2" in front of the door that the safe needs to pivot and turn in front of.

Thanks for any insight!

I just my checked PM's, last time we spoke about a safe my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant, LOL

We just celebrated her 2nd Birthday 2-19 :rofl:

Thanks guys, the size I get is limited by the area to maneuver it through. But, I might get two. :)

Gander has them on sale....
IMG_3704.JPG

If you are coming all the way to Ball Ground maybe you can deliver one for me as well.

I'm permanently banned from Canton, LOL (kidding)

I don't mind traveling to the northside for my ODT brothers, I just have to do it at odd times or weekends because the traffic is a nightmare!

Back
Top Bottom