• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SCLC calling on blacks to "Exercise Second Amendment Rights"

I agree wholeheartedly, he is calling the black community to become militant. But if you are gonna lump the folks in with Christians might as well add the clan too[m
so owning guns and being familiar with them is militant?

geez, yall are some of our own worst enemies (gun owners)

how?

he said that black families should

and i happen to agree with him. this isnt a war cry, this is telling folks they dont have to be victims or second class citizens, and to prove you are a citizen just like anyone else you should exercise the exact same rights
Then why is he only calling on black families? That's the million dollar question.

Then why is he only calling on black families? That's the million dollar question.
because he is operating under the misconception that he is the emperor of black people

i hate it when unelected individuals who have some sort of ingrained clout try and speak on behalf of everyone who happens to share a superficial qualifier with them

thats why i hate it when a white guy tries to speak for me on the matter of race

we are all individuals. regardless, black folks for a long time have been told not to own guns by groups such as the NAACP (funny that the KKK and the NAACP agree that black men shouldnt be armed). the 2nd amendment is for every american citizen

so owning guns and being familiar with them is militant?

geez, yall are some of our own worst enemies (gun owners)

Tone and setting sir... I Tell all my friends, black, white and Latino that carrying s gun and being familiar with it are vital. I don't normally end it with I'm tired now lol. I'm not even saying push back when blatant rights and libertys are being challenged is a bad thing. Just calling a spade a spade.

because he is operating under the misconception that he is the emperor of black people

i hate it when unelected individuals who have some sort of ingrained clout try and speak on behalf of everyone who happens to share a superficial qualifier with them

thats why i hate it when a white guy tries to speak for me on the matter of race

we are all individuals. regardless, black folks for a long time have been told not to own guns by groups such as the NAACP (funny that the KKK and the NAACP agree that black men shouldnt be armed). the 2nd amendment is for every american citizen

I certainly agree with every word of this, but I don't believe this "reverand" is simply advocating for 2A rights for everyone. I hope I'm wrong and he is simply advocating all people no matter their color should exercise and defend their rights as free people, like you said. I only wish he would make it clear this is what he is advocating. He did not.

Tone and setting sir... I Tell all my friends, black, white and Latino that carrying s gun and being familiar with it are vital. I don't normally end it with I'm tired now lol. I'm not even saying push back when blatant rights and libertys are being challenged is a bad thing. Just calling a spade a spade.
meh, maybe

i didnt take it that way. not saying the good reverend isnt a snake oil salesmen

I certainly agree with every word of this, but I don't believe this "reverand" is simply advocating for 2A rights for everyone. I hope I'm wrong and he is simply advocating all people no matter their color should exercise and defend their rights as free people, like you said. I only wish he would make it clear this is what he is advocating. He did not.
context and perception is everything i guess

i honestly didnt get that from the article. i dont know the guy but given my opinion of non-profits and lobbying groups, he probably does suck

i could see your point though

Back
Top Bottom