• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scope mounting

manki77

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
80   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this may sound very trivial. I am in need of mount my scope to my rifle properly ( leveled and with correct torq on the screws for mount). I need to get it boresighted also. Reason I need help, I do not have the proper tools available like a Gun vice, proper work bench, leveler, torq wrench. I know cabelas does it for free but I live in Alpharetta so that is a heck of a drive. Please advice on any advice or if you guys know of any gunsmiths that do it in the area. I have the gun, rings, scope but just need to piece it all together.

Thanks

cmshoot cmshoot Are you close?

OP, the guy I just tagged is super knowledgeable about optics. If he cannot physically help, he can definitely give you good pointers on how to your self for cheap or possibly who else could help.

I'm happy to mount it for you, as well as check alignment and lap if needed, but I'm in Dallas if that's too much of a haul. The labor on my part is free, however.

I am going to try your plumb bob method this afternoon on one of mine. Hopefully I am successful.

two places in alpharetta that would be worth a call or stop by would be Martins Gun and Coin near Windward (definitely worth a visit if you haven't been in there) or the newer Alpha Bravo that's right by "downtown" alpharetta behind the hardees.

I assume both could mount your optics correctly.

that being said I might take mine out to cmshoot just to meet the guy. I can't ever seem to get to TruPrep when he's doing events there.

Back
Top Bottom