• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

scrapyard/salvage question

Thats money in the bank sitting there. I hauled off an old van and got 600.00 with no title. The scrap yard records your info and the vehicle info and at some even take pictures to record the transaction. This helps keep town theft.

I have scrapped probably about 6-700 cars over the years. Right now, you can scrap anything model year 2000 and older WITHOUT a title. The scrap yards around here (Marietta) would pay anywhere from $1000-$1500 for it. Since it is so large, you will need a big tow truck for it. Some tow companies will just tow it and try to get you to split the price with you. You are better off just paying whatever the tow bill is instead of splitting it with them (tow bill for that size going about 25 miles is ussually less than $300). The price of metal is down right now, a couple months ago it would have brought over $2000. If it is not in the way, I would hold off till the price goes back up. Right now it is about $8 per hundred pounds, it was up to about $14 here a couple months ago. Good luck with it, that's just money sitting there waiting to be spent here on ODT!

Yes sir, hold onto it and keep an eye out, prices should go back up, just a month ago it was $12

Back
Top Bottom