• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scratch Removal around Buford/Cumming

VME

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Gat Blaster
172   0
Reaction score
Looks like a cat or a coon tried to climb on my truck. I tried getting the scratches out with some polish but doing it by hand isn’t cutting it. Pics are what's left.

Anyone know of any good detailers around Buford or Cumming who could possibly remove these or work em down to not be as bad? Pretty sure it’s only in the clear coat.

Attachments

• D644BC72-59EF-4388-ACAC-9B467F1DCBE1.jpeg
    D644BC72-59EF-4388-ACAC-9B467F1DCBE1.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DF2BB511-3EA3-4D3F-99C9-B3FADD58C075.jpeg
    DF2BB511-3EA3-4D3F-99C9-B3FADD58C075.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 41
Use Toothpaste to Remove Scratches & Scuffs. Just grab a damp, soft cloth and a smear of toothpaste, and you can erase scratches and scuff marks on your car without much work involved. This trick works best if the scratches and/or scuff marks haven't fully penetrated the clear coat of your vehicle's paint.

I had a car that had been keyed fairly badly. I got a very fine artist's brush and some clear laquer.

Diluted the lacquer, degreased the affected area, and worked slowly with a dotting motion, not painting motion. Did several passes on each area. Let dry and lightly hit it with white compound, then paste wax. You could only find the repaired area if you knew where to look and the light was right.

Looks like a cat or a coon tried to climb on my truck. I tried getting the scratches out with some polish but doing it by hand isn’t cutting it. Pics are what's left.

Anyone know of any good detailers around Buford or Cumming who could possibly remove these or work em down to not be as bad? Pretty sure it’s only in the clear coat.
I can get that out...or as close to unnoticeable as possible.. at fist glance around 100$.. its going to take a bit of elbow grease and a couple different levels of compound should do the trick..let me know.

I had a car that had been keyed fairly badly. I got a very fine artist's brush and some clear laquer.

Diluted the lacquer, degreased the affected area, and worked slowly with a dotting motion, not painting motion. Did several passes on each area. Let dry and lightly hit it with white compound, then paste wax. You could only find the repaired area if you knew where to look and the light was right.

Hoes be trippin.

Elbow grease won’t cut that. Not without your arm falling off. You need a polisher with a cutting pad and compound. Then a finer pad and polish to erase the compound marks/haze. It’s probably better to just let someone who knows what they’re doing go at it. But make sure they’re competent or they may take off too much clear coat and screw up your paint. That’s a $150 job for a pro. It’s not that much work but those guys charge a lot.

Back
Top Bottom