• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scratched my watch crystal!

I've read on one site that they run from $75-99.

I think I'll take it to Victoria as Zeake suggested and get a polish estimate.

I really can't believe how easily it scratched. I know I bumped it into a door at work. Hardly even noticed the impact except as a mild annoyance until I saw the watch.

I bought a cheap Casio to wear at work and will never wear a decent one there again. Considering going to the John Wayne style of wearing the face on the inside of my wrist to protect it. Not sure how comfortable that would be though.

Yea I have a Bulova Precisionist I wear as a dress watch and it has a slightly deep scratch on it. I was googling fixes the other day, but not sure I want to invest $100 on a $500 watch. My G-Shock is my EDC watch.

I had my jeweler put a sapphire crystal in mine. Problem solved. No more scratching ...period.

Sapphire can be scratched easier than you think. I'm looking at the 2 scratches on one of my Seikos with a sapphire crystal. Galvanized fence post 1, sapphire watch crystal 0.....
They would be far worse on a mineral crystal though. I may get some compound and polish it out, if it fails I'll just have Seiko replace it.

Back
Top Bottom