• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Screwed up messed up and out the door in 10 mins with my registration (NEED TAG HELP)

well called um up 45 min wait time
they said wait till teh license comes
bring it in with pic of weight in door
emmisions office weight and passing emmisions

previous owner was a welder and somehow got the weight over 12,000 on there records
they did not issue him commercial tags but he was exempt from emmisions
this round i am still immune to emmisions but now have to have a commercial plate
or spend $$$ to prove weight and jump threw hoops
or shut my mouth and just put the commercial plate on

I asked her if i could carry in a personnely owned commercial vehicle!
she asked me why I was asking her that as if i was threatening her OMFG
I was very polite thru the call you get more flys with honey right!
I was weirded out by her response
she told me to go to the sherrifs office and ask them ahahahahahah
but even tho its there fault i hav eto pay another $25 bucks
or she told me if im happy then there happy! WTF
But I still wanna know what an LEO thinks of this!

- - - Updated - - -

my door has gvw at 6400 lbs

If your happy Were happy! 83429375.jpg

Mechanic says you wont need an emmisions again just $20 bucks online for life because you paid life ad valorum
if your happy were happy What would hank hill think of this! This is no way to treat a redneck and his truck!
but if your happy we are happy!83425652.jpg

Get it changed! You WILL get hammered on insurance. If it's registered as commercial, the insurance will be much higher. The other possibility is that you don't tell the insurance company that it's registered as commercial and then you have to make a claim. If they discover the commercial registration at that time they will deny the claim. If they discover it after they pay out they could charge you with insurance fraud. Any way it goes, having this vehicle registered as commercial is a cluster **** for you.

I might be wrong about all this, but I'm fairly sure I'm not.

you got hosed bro........they need to rectify it at their expense and you likely will get a refund.

Not a chance, I had a Dodge conversion van that was classed as a motorhome for five years. The reason, the tag lady said that if it had captain's chairs it was a motorhome. After five years of paying a different lady wanted to know why it was classed as a motorhome. I pointed to her co-worker and explained. She saved me a lot of money that day, as for a refund no way!

k1500 is a half ton truck. Take a photo of truck and vin# Also have them run the vin # .If that does'nt work ask for a supervisor. Will save you lot's of money

Back
Top Bottom