• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Section 8 in Jackson, worst gun store

Interesting business. Do not expect that talking to the owner is anything but a waste of time and you won't be disappointed.

Same thing goes on in damn near every gun shop. Years ago there was a literal mom and pop place called Warner Robins Gun and Pawn on Russell Parkway. I bought lots of stuff from Shirley. They were good people. But I went there looking for a Glock 17 or 19 back around 93 or 94 and she told me I needed a Ruger P series because Glocks were plastic dangerous junk. Okay...
Maybe 3 months later I was back in there and they had a display case full of plastic dangerous junk and a big black banner on the wall that said Official Glock Dealer.

Same thing goes on in damn near every gun shop. Years ago there was a literal mom and pop place called Warner Robins Gun and Pawn on Russell Parkway. I bought lots of stuff from Shirley. They were good people. But I went there looking for a Glock 17 or 19 back around 93 or 94 and she told me I needed a Ruger P series because Glocks were plastic dangerous junk. Okay...
Maybe 3 months later I was back in there and they had a display case full of plastic dangerous junk and a big black banner on the wall that said Official Glock Dealer.

Whatever makes them the $$$

I laughed at this a lot harder than I should. Don't let it bother you, and don't bother calling a gun shop unless you know the folks there. I had some jackleg in Academy tell me that the military was no longer using Acogs and had switched to Sightmarks. Then added that he could by Acogs all day long for $200 each. Some gun shops have gun people, some gun shops have salesmen and saleswomen, and some just have folks trying to make 8 and go home.

Back
Top Bottom