• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Section 8 in Jackson, worst gun store

I laughed at this a lot harder than I should. Don't let it bother you, and don't bother calling a gun shop unless you know the folks there. I had some jackleg in Academy tell me that the military was no longer using Acogs and had switched to Sightmarks. Then added that he could by Acogs all day long for $200 each. Some gun shops have gun people, some gun shops have salesmen and saleswomen, and some just have folks trying to make 8 and go home.
Bahaha!! Man that is hilarious

Back when I was in retail in a different world, it was not what you came in for, but rather, what I have in stock to sell you! 1st lesson in retail: S.O.S- Sell Out of Stock!

I laughed at this a lot harder than I should. Don't let it bother you, and don't bother calling a gun shop unless you know the folks there. I had some jackleg in Academy tell me that the military was no longer using Acogs and had switched to Sightmarks. Then added that he could by Acogs all day long for $200 each. Some gun shops have gun people, some gun shops have salesmen and saleswomen, and some just have folks trying to make 8 and go home.
Dang! I want to buy a pallet of $200 ACOGs.

I never call gun stores. I would much rather look around in person rather than having a salesman walking all around a store and wasting his time when he could be helping customers on the sales floor. Plus ya never know what they may have in their used section that you can't live without. Or is that just me?
And pushing a Taurus who's customer service and turn around time on repair work is among the worst in the industry?!?! Seriously, WTF? Great way to push away customers. Must have been amateur hour at the gun shop.

Saw the thread title, and the first thing that came to mind was Grady Homes.
grady-before-2ihoxxm-300x200.jpg

summer44 said:
Call S8 to see if they had a ruger or Smith a family member was looking for. Whoever answered the phone proceeded to tell me I need to purchase a Taurus, as ruger firearms were junk and both ruger and Smith had the worst customer service of any gun company's in business. And that if I had an issue with a Taurus it would be corrected in less than 3 weeks time. Lead me to the conclusion that this guys is either an idiot or liar or maybe both. So I just hung up and moved on. Will never call them or go to their store again, anyone else had a similar experience with Section 8

After all that helpful info I would have thanked him and asked his name.
(to report encounter to owner)
Then I would have asked "so do you have the Ruger X or S&W Y I asked
about or only Taurus?
Who knows, depending on when you called may have been talking to the
clean-up man. Or the weekend part timer that got in because he knew
somebody. Or worse yet a short timer working off his 2 week notice by
seeing how many customers he can run off.
Not really fair to condemn the entire establishment based on one phone call.
Now if he said yes we have both on sale for $199 today and you race down
there to discover none in stock or on sale and nobody named Charlie works
there............musta been April 1 2020

Always thought Jackson famous for their BBQ, not their gun stores ;)

Don’t look for gun experts behind the counter and you won’t be disappointed.

I sold an 11.5” AR pistol I had built recently to a second cousin in Ohio. Shipped it to a gun store near him. When it arrived, the guy behind the counter told him that I had installed the SiCo flash hider wrong. It turned out that it timed nicely without shims, so I had put it on “naked”, with Rocksett, and torqued to spec.

Guy that unboxed it told the new owner that I didn’t use a crush washer like I was supposed, and because of that the barrel harmonics would be off. Since the harmonics would be off, he wouldn’t be able to hit anything with it. F’ing moron.

Back
Top Bottom